Ep. 284 - Stand Out Moments of 2019 Part 2
Welcome to the Best of 2019 Part 2! We’ve had so many amazing guests and conversations throughout the year and love revisiting some of the most popular and insightful episodes you all love. Today we are highlighting eight conversations from the year. It was so difficult to choose only eight, but we know you mm hmm and ah-ha you’re way through these~ If we haven’t told you lately, we are so grateful for YOU, our amazing community, and are proud to be on this journey with you.
Today we highlight conversations with…
- Performer and writer, Travis Alabanza shares their experience being a queer voice in the performance space, dealing with harassment, and how we achieve through community versus individualism.
- The founder and CEO of Bulletproof, Dave Asprey, unpacks the science of gratitude, making health our own science experiment, biohacking to perform at a high level, and why you need to know your strengths and weaknesses.
- Triple certified nutritionist, functional medicine practitioner and cognitive behavioral therapist, Dana James, joins us to talk about emotional safety, external factors influencing self-worth, how to reprogram lifestyle and food behaviors, how to eat and live based on archetype (The Archetype Diet), reducing stress, and the gut microbiome.
- Author of Earth is Hiring, Peta Kelly, talks about her evolution into motherhood, freedom of speech, expectations of social media and making judgments, as well as personal responsibility.
- Sallie Krawcheck, CEO and Co-Founder of Ellevest, delves into diversity in the workplace, teaching boys and girls about money, and the difference in how women and men are taught to view finances.
- Pia Baroncini, creator of LPA, talks about her experience being in the social space, sharing life on social media, and how she manages experiencing negativity online.
- Cal Newport is a Georgetown University professor and has written six books, including Digital Minimalism, Deep Work, and So Good They Can’t Ignore You. We talk about smartphone and Facebook addiction, minimizing time on our phones along with daily hacks and strategies for families. He also explores the purpose of boredom and loneliness.
- Whitney Port, previously seen on ‘The Hills’, is host of the With Whit podcast. She dives into how growing up on reality TV has shaped her, creating her own life and finding her path, losing her father, and gratitude and silver linings after grief.
Find more to love at almost30podcast.com!
- Travis Alabanza: travisalabanza.co.uk ; @travisalabanza
- Dave Asprey: bulletproof.com ; @dave.asprey
- Dana James: danajames.com ; @danajames
- Peta Kelly: petakelly.com ; @petajean_
- Sallie Krawcheck: salliecrawcheck.com ; @sallie.krawcheck
- Pia Baroncini: lpathelabel.com ; @piaarrobio
- Cal Newport: calnewport.com
- Whitney Port: whitneyport.com ; @whitneyeveport
- February 29th: Malibu, CA with Jenna Zoe
- Skinny Dipped | Use code ALMOST30 for 20% off at skinnydipped.com
- Warby Parker | Order five pairs of glasses to try at home for FREE at warbyparker.com/almost30
- Catalina Crunch | Visit us.catalinacrunch.com/ and use code ALMOST30 for 10% off
- Better Help | Visit betterhelp.com/almost30 for 15% off your first month.
- SuperFat | Go to SuperFat.com and use the code ALMOST30 at checkout to get 15% off your order.
Almost 30 is edited by Crate Media