Ep. #38 - What is the Best Page Speed Metric to Look At? — with Lukas Haensch from Pathmonk
In episode 38 of Marketing Mantra, I'll be joined by our special guest, Lukas Haensch, co-founder of Pathmonk. Lukas has an extensive background in conversion optimization and UX. In fact, he describes himself as a UX Conversion "nerd." Before he founded Pathmonk, Lukas worked at Google for quite some time as UX Manager in the mobile optimization team.
The theme of this episode will revolve around improving the performance of your website on mobile devices and optimizing your site's page speed to increase conversions.
Here are some of the topics we'll be covering in this episode:
- How to optimize your mobile website
- Differences in mobile and desktop conversion
- How to increase conversion by using onsite behavior for optimization
- Hands-on tips on tools.
Thrilled to have Lukas on the show and I hope you'll find this episode useful.
Tools & resources discussed in the episode
Lukas' company: Pathmonk - https://pathmonk.com/
Tools to test your website performance:
1) WebPageTest: https://www.webpagetest.org/
2) GTMetrix - https://gtmetrix.com/
3) Google PageSpeed Insights - https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/
Recommended caching plugin: WPRocket - https://www.99signals.com/go/wp-rocket (plans start at $49/yr. Wrongly stated in the episode as $49/mo)
Follow us on social media:
Visit https://www.99signals.com for more insights on SEO, blogging, and marketing.
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/sandeep-mallya/message