Ep. 56: Making Time for Play
Our topic in this episode is a fun one: making time for more play! We know how important play is for kids. But when we grow up, we somehow start thinking about play as optional or frivolous or childish. Spoiler alert: it’s none of those things and is actually fundamental to our health and well being!
- The science behind the importance of play at any age
- Examples of types of play and play styles
- Obstacles that can get in the way of play as adults
- Our experiences with play as kids and as adults
- 4 strategies for making time for more play every day
What’s your favorite way to play as an adult? How do you make sure you get recess during your day?
Find us on the web for show notes and extras: https://www.semitogether.com
Subscribe to our e-newsletter for episode roundups, tips to steal + extras: https://www.subscribepage.com/semitogether
Become a patron of the podcast and access bonuses and extras: https://www.patreon.com/semitogether
Book a free Discovery Call with Melia, who is coaching self-critics and perfectionists, including adults with ADHD: www.risingspiralcoaching.com
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/semi-together/message