Ep.070 -- Melinda Arnost -- Inclusion, Social-Emotional Learning, & Serving All Our Students
ClassCast Podcast Ep.070 features intervention specialist, special education teacher, and author Melinda Arnost discussing inclusion, social-emotional learning, differentiation, and how good relationships combine with common sense to create functional classrooms and effective teachers. Melinda recently published her first book, Empowering Inclusion: The Tool Teachers Need to Help All Students Succeed. In this talk with host Ryan Tibbens, Melinda shares tips for team-teaching, demands consistent scheduling, explains how relationships enable effective differentiation, talks about her great new book, and more. If you have any interest in special education, social-emotional learning, inclusion, differentiation, team-teaching, or making sure that all students are learning, you'll find TONS of useful ideas and perspectives here.
If you're interested in hearing more from Melinda Arnost, follow her on Facebook and Instagram! If you're interested in hearing more about social-emotional learning on the ClassCast Podcast, check out Ep.035!
Table of Contents (*highlights)
- 0:00-0:39 -- #Edupodlooza Promo
- 0:39-2:38 -- Intro to Melinda & the Role of "Inclusion Specialist")
- 2:38-5:57 -- The Purpose of School According to Melinda *
- 5:57-12:17 --Empowering Inclusion: The Tools Teacher Need to Help...
- 12:17-19:11 -- Situational SEL & Inclusion Implementation **
- 19:11-21:20 -- How Much SEL Is Enough?
- 21:20-26:06 -- Formal vs Informal: Differentiation, SEL, & What Great Teachers Do **
- 26:06-38:10 -- Differentiation and Inclusion: What Teachers Can Do *
- 38:10-45:24 -- Melinda's Education & The Teachers We Need
- 45:24-51:35 -- Melinda's Ideal School & Flexible Spaces
- 51:35-57:44 -- Final Thoughts, Relationships, & SEL's Popularity
- 57:44-1:05:00 -- Melinda's Book/Movie Recs & Wrap-Up
The ClassCast Podcast streams on all major platforms, including iTunes/Apple Podcasts, Spotify, iHeartRadio, Pandora, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, Audible, Stitcher, and more. You can also find us on YouTube and at www.ClassCastPodcast.com. Be sure to like, subscribe, follow, share, and comment wherever you listen. Leave a comment below to let us know what you think of the discussion and if you have any questions!
Support the show (http://paypal.me/TibbensEST)! If every listener made a one-time donation of $2-3, the podcast would be funded for the year!