Epic Movie Soundtracks
This week the gang waxes nostalgic about the movie soundtracks that scored our youth. And our midlife. And everything in-between.
Tune in to hear why we think soundtracks can make (or break) a movie, the unvarnished truth about overplayed songs (hint: Titanic), what it takes to get picked for a Bond film intro, and how movies are our “gateway drug” for discovering great music. Oh, and CHOMPERS. (Wait, what?).
Are you ready to drop the needle?
- 10 best 80’s soundtracks
- Best Songs from 80’s movies
- Top Gun volleyball scene
- What is a music supervisor?
- Lost in Translation soundtrack
- Yello's “Oh yeah" from Ferris Buellers Day off
- Ferris Bueller end credits - The English Beat
- Maniac in Flash Dance
- Risky Business Tangerine Dream train song
- Say Anything boom box scene
- Don’t you forget about me - The Breakfast Club
- Grosse Pointe Blank soundtrack
- Use of music in Grosse Pointe Blank:
- Reality Bites My Sharona scene
- Pretty in Pink: OMD - If You Leave
- Pretty in pink - original song
- Pretty Woman Montage
- Tears for Fears: Everybody Wants to Rule the World
- Everybody Wants to Rule the World Hunger Games cover
- Tears for fears & movies their songs were in
- LaLa Land intro
- This is Me from The Greatest Showman
- Kesha’s version of This is me
- Every opening Bond song
- What makes a Bond song?
- Star Trek Beyond: Beastie Boys Sabotage
- Peter Gabriel’s The Veil from Snowden