Epic v. Apple, Facebook glasses and the Theranos trial
Ben Brody and Nick Statt join the show to talk about the ruling in Epic v. Apple, and what it means for the future of the app market. Then Janko Roettgers discusses the new Ray-Ban Stories, and what we should make of Facebook’s entry into the smart glasses world. Finally, Biz Carson talks about the first day of the Elizabeth Holmes trial, and what’s going to happen over the next 13 weeks.
For more on the topics discussed in this episode:
- Nick Statt on Twitter
- Ben Brody on Twitter
- Epic v. Apple ruling blocks Apple from banning links to alternative payments
- Janko Roettgers on Twitter
- Facebook’s Ray-Ban glasses are a big deal for AR
- How Facebook prepared for the next ‘glasshole’ backlash
- Biz Carson on Twitter
- Elizabeth Holmes goes on trial for Theranos fraud
- Fraud or mistakes? Opening trial arguments debate how much Elizabeth Holmes knew.
For all the links and stories, head to Source Code’s homepage.