Episode 002 with Alex Gray: A Dancerpreneur
According to my delightfully supportive husband, I dance like a chicken. Thanks to Alex Gray, a Dancerpreneur, that's now a compliment. Ha! So there, Sanni. :P
All joking aside, Alex is an insightful young man that pushes himself to the boundaries of his mind and body on a daily basis. He challenges what he thinks, how he thinks and where he obtains information for his inner mentor in the same way he moves his body to the extremes of its limit.
From this interview you will learn and be inspired by:
- What it means to Alex to be a dancer and where he learned how to channel his pent up extra energy as a child
- How uploading his dance to YouTube helped him build resiliency to criticism
- How a negative, critical answer to a question Alex posed to a dance teacher transformed Alex's personality in his dance
- His answer to the question: how do I become a better version of myself?
- Alex explains what a dance battle is and why it's not just about the moves or the competition
- How Alex got involved in Triple 8 Funk dance company in Melbourne as a freestyle dance director
- Alex talks about Open Floor Freestyle (OFF) Sessions and the benefit of dance in a mirror-less environment
- Alex tells us about being a Dancerpreneur and the danger of the narrow view of titles in engaging with people
- What is educating and inspiring Alex's inner mentor at the moment
Links to stuff we discuss:
- Alex Gray on LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook
- Triple 8 Funk Dance Company
- Open Floor Freestyle (OFF) Sessions
- Made to Create dance classes: Next class is on October 23rd - get your tickets here
I hope you've been inspired to let yourself loose, and as it's said: 'Dance like no ones watching.'
"The beauty of dance is in being creative,
what you connect with in life you can connect with in dance"