Episode 006 with Kevin Kapusi Starow
I love food. My husband says my version of cooking is 'concoction cooking' because I do not seem to have the ability to follow a recipe without throwing my own spin on things. Fortunately this is actually a good thing as far as it goes to the Bubble Muffin Kids Cooking Club and its founder, Kevin Kapusi Starow.
In this fun and funny conversation we learn and be inspired by:
- Kevin's background in cooking and food education
- What growing up on a farm taught him about respecting food in its natural form
- Kevin's biggest mistake in business
- The really creative things you can do with agar agar and beetroot, or how to make meringue without egg.
- What the Bubble Muffin Kids Cooking Club is all about
- The two rules for the kids for the classes (hint: they're not what you expect)
- How Kevin grew his business from a one-man show to shows all around Australia and Auckland, New Zealand
- How Kevin differentiates employees from team
- How you can get started to make changes in your life, in business, or to create social change
- What is inspiring Kevin's inner mentor at the moment
Links to things we discussed:
- Bubble Muffin Kids Cooking Club website, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube
- Kevin Kapusi Starow on LinkedIn
- E-Bubble Life magazine on Facebook
- I Quit Sugar book
- Think Food Group
- Alicia Foundation by Adria Ferran
We'd love to hear how you experiment with food. If you've got questions for Kevin or I post a comment below or hit us up on Facebook.
“Always remember the person who taught you the lesson.”
Kevin Kapusi Starow
Episode Gratitude: Vanessa Phillips for the show notes, Junel Estafia for sound engineering, compilation of the music and final editing of this episode and to Yiju Wei for his Web Wizardry. I couldn't do this without you!