Episode #009: How Personal Growth Helped Me to Overcome My Mental Health Challenges with Brendan Cutuli
What is the Grow2Gether Podcast?
The Grow2Gether Podcast is a weekly podcast where host and founder Luke Burrows has conversations with our community members and the next generation to give them a platform to share their stories, challenges, and plans for the future.
Who are we joined by and what do we cover in this episode?
In this episode of the Grow2Gether podcast, we're joined by Grow2Gether community member, podcaster and Founder of MetamorphUS Brendan Cutuli. While growing up Brendan faced mental and emotional challenges. He recently graduated Wentworth Institute of Technology with a bachelor's in Civil Engineering and is now on a mission to change the conversation about mental health, drug addiction and homelessness through his podcast, Mental Insights, and organization MetamorphUS.
Key takeaways from this episode:
- Become curious by questioning yourself, the ideals of other people and society as a whole.
- When people start to change their habits and routines, they often try to do too much too soon and that's why they end up falling back into the old habits and/or routines they want to change. Take one step at a time, and try to implement one new habit and/or routine every month. Over time they will build up and have a compounding effect.
- Having and developing awareness is key to overcoming the challenges that we face in our lives.
- Meditation, journaling, nutrition and having a good routine before you go to bed are key habits to develop that will make a huge difference in your life and will help with your mental health.
- Plus, much much more!
Important links and mentions from this episode:
- Connect with Brendan on Instagram here
- Listen to Brendan's podcast here
- Join the Grow2Gether Online Community
P.S. If you liked this episode, don't forget to subscribe and leave a review.