Episode #015: How Personal Growth Can Help You on Your Career Path with Heather Louise Grey
What is the Grow2Gether Podcast?
The Grow2Gether Podcast is a weekly podcast where host and founder Luke Burrows has conversations with our community members and the next generation to give them a platform to share their stories, challenges and plans for the future.
Who are we joined by and what do we cover in this episode?
In this episode of the Grow2Gether podcast, we're joined by Heather Gray who is an Insurance Broker, Personal Growth Enthusiast and Newly Wed to her best friend, Taylor. Heather who has a bachelor's degree in special education, reading education, and teaching English as a second language spends her free time listening to personal growth audiobooks, promoting balance and health, burning incense, and drinking home-made smoothies.
During this episode of the Grow2Gether Podcast, we dive into Heather's story and as Heather shares how personal growth can help you on your career path just like it has for her. Heather, also talks about her home-schooled upbringing and experiences which have all shaped who she is today.
Key takeaways from this episode:
- In the pursuit of finding what career path you want to go down, it's always important to just start and do something and be open to the journey as you never know where it will take you.
- Making plans that are in alignment with your career goals (or goals in general) is always important as it gives you direction and something to take action towards. Understand that plans often change and we must get into a place where we are open to change to avoid overwhelm.
- There is nothing wrong with changing paths in life and it's actually a representation that we are learning and growing. If you want to change paths but feel like there is no way out from where you are right now, maybe it's a dead-end job - make a plan on how you can get out of that situation and do something you're much more in alignment with.
- When we are in a state of overwhelm - and we've all been there it's crucial that we gather our thoughts and return to the moment that we are in. There are lots of ways on how you can do this and the "grounding technique" is one of those.
- Plus, much much more!
Important links and mentions from this episode:
- Connect with Heather via Facebook here
- Learn more about Grow2Gether via our website
- Get the full show notes from our blog
- Watch the video version of the podcast here
...p.s. If you liked this episode, it would mean the world to us if you could hit the subscribe button ;)