Episode #016 Part 2: How I Overcame Severe Depression & Anxiety to Live My Purpose with Martin Seville
What is the Grow2Gether Podcast?
The Grow2Gether Podcast is a weekly podcast where host and founder Luke Burrows has conversations with our community members and the next generation to give them a platform to share their stories, challenges and plans for the future.
Who are we joined by and what do we cover in this episode?
In this episode of the Grow2Gether podcast, we're joined by Martin Seville, Empowerment Coach, Speaker, Author and Founder of Empathy Coaching as we continue our conversation from part-1 of episode #016 of the podcast and Martin answers some questions!
Martin answers questions about his 10-year experience of facing Depression and Generalised Anxiety Disorder, which lead him to some dark places and down a destructive path. Martin now refuses to let others suffer in this way. His journey made it clear that his life purpose and passion is to share his story and life lessons with those that need it and this is why he set up Empathy Coaching.
Key takeaways from this episode:
- Everything in your life comes down to the choices that you make on a daily basis. It's your choice of what you do, and what you don't do.
- Our brains are designed to keep us safe and it has been that way for thousands of years. However, society and life itself have changed and evolved and we no longer have to protect ourselves from Sabertooth Tigers.
- When facing difficult times it can feel like they're going to last forever. However, this isn't the case and there is always a conversation you haven't had, an action you haven't taken and something that can be done to help move you closer to where you want to be. Martin is proof of this.
- Social media can be a very powerful tool to create community and bring people together. Martin shares some of how he has done this by sharing his story and using social media in an empowering and positive way.
- Plus, much much more!
Important links and mentions from this episode:
- Connect with Martin via Facebook here or LinkedIn here
- Learn more about Grow2Gether via our website
- Get the full show notes from our blog
- Watch the video version of the podcast here
...p.s. If you liked this episode, it would mean the world to us if you could hit the subscribe button ;)