Episode #020: How Accountability Buddies and Mentors Have Helped Me To Grow with Brandon Gidicsin
What is the Grow2Gether Podcast?
The Grow2Gether Podcast is a weekly podcast where host and founder Luke Burrows has conversations with our community members and the next generation to give them a platform to share their stories, challenges and plans for the future.
Who are we joined by and what do we cover in this episode?
In this episode of the Grow2Gether podcast, we're joined by Brandon Gidicsin who is a Commercial Real Estate Salesperson based in Long Island, NY. Brandon loves producing content on social media that empowers people to strive for more and in this episode, we discuss how accountabilities buddies and mentors are important and have helped Brandon to grow.
Key takeaways from this episode:
- Storytelling is a powerful tool as you can learn a lot from and about a person through their story. Through storytelling, you can connect and relate to others, build community and help others to grow.
- Studies show that our retention rates vary depending on what study method we use to learn. For example, lectures have only a 5% retention rate while teaching others have a huge 90% retention rate. So, in simple terms when you learn something new teach it to others to retain more!
- Be kind to others, don't be rude and treat other people how you wish to be treated. It might sound cliche but that's because it's true and is the start to building relationships.
- Accountability buddies and mentors are important because they hold you accountable and help you to grow. When looking for a mentor, a lot of the time people are much more approachable than you think. If they are someone you look up to reach out to them to get to know them and go from there.
- Plus, much much more!
Important links and mentions from this episode:
- Connect with Brandon on LinkedIn or Instagram
- Learn more about Grow2Gether via our website
- Watch the video version of the podcast here
...p.s. If you liked this episode, it would mean the world to us if you could hit the subscribe button ;)