Episode #04: How to Identify and Utilise Your Skillsets as a Student in 2019 and Beyond with Oliver Carson
What is the Grow2Gether Podcast?
The Grow2Gether Podcast is a weekly podcast where host and founder Luke Burrows has conversations with our community members and the next generation to give them a platform to share their stories, challenges and plans for the future.
Who are we joined by and what do we cover in this episode?
In this episode of the Grow2Gether podcast, we're joined by Student & Upcoming Blogger Oliver Carson as we discuss his time at University, the challenges students face, and how students can identify (and utilise) their skillsets both at University and in the workplace. Oliver also shares why he thinks this is important.
Key takeaways from this episode:
- Self-awareness is an important trait for everyone to develop and students are no different. Self-awareness can help you to identify and utilise your other skills which can help you to save time and get ahead whether it's in your studies, in the workplace or in life in general.
- As we live in the information-age there is a lot of information out there for students (and everyone) which can be confusing on which career path to go down and where you want to take your life. Developing self-awareness, identifying what you're good at and trying new things to find what you're most passionate about can all help you navigate the noise.
- Reflecting on what you've enjoyed, been good at and have liked as you've grown up is a good way of "going back to your roots" to find those livelong passions which can be turned into a vocation. Spend the time to do this and see what you might find.
- Plus, much much more!
Important links and mentions from this episode:
- Connect with Oliver via Facebook here
- Take the Myers Briggs personality test here (mentioned in the episode)
- Join the Grow2Gether Online Community
P.S. If you liked this episode, don't forget to subscribe and leave a review.