Episode 040: Successful Email Marketing After Going Direct-to-Consumer
Many B2B companies today are making the move into selling direct-to-consumer (D2C). This allows companies to grow revenue, control their branding better, and provide a more personal customer experience. But trying to keep your partners happy while growing your bottom line can be like walking a business tightrope – but while difficult, it can be accomplished if planned properly.
In this episode of The Commerce Marketer Podcast, I am joined by the Director of Ecommerce at RST Brands, Matt Grimm. We’re going to talk about how RST Brands made the move from B2B into D2C, mistakes made along the way, email marketing and segmentation strategies, growing an email list from the ground up after launching a D2C site, connecting third-party purchases, and a whole lot more.
You’ll hear about:
· How to approach your retail partners while making the move to D2C.
· Product assortment strategies that make all retail outlets happy.
· Mistakes made early on and the most important lesson learned from them.
· Ways to grow your email database when you first launch your D2C site.
· How to use email to compliment purchases made on third-party sites.
· Types of lifecycle emails implemented, and which ones convert best.
· What happened with their email marketing that made them realize segmentation was necessary?
· Segmentation strategies used in emails and why it matters.
· How to maintain email engagement even after consumers make large purchases.
To contact Matt or learn more about RST Brands:
RST Brands: https://www.rstbrands.com/
Contact Matt: https://www.linkedin.com/in/matthewtgrimm/
I welcome your feedback, invite you to share any topics you’d like to hear more about, or let me know if you're interested in becoming a guest. Greg.Zakowicz@Bronto.com | https://twitter.com/WhatsGregDoing
This episode is brought to you by:
The Bronto Marketing Platform powers personalized multichannel content that generates the higher engagement needed for retail success. Keenly focused on the commerce marketer, Bronto continues its longstanding tradition as a leading email marketing provider to the global Internet Retailer Top 1000 and boasts a client roster of leading brands, including Rebecca Minkoff, Timex, Lucky Brand, Theory, Brooks Sports, Ashley HomeStore and Christopher & Banks. For more information, visit http://www.bronto.com