Episode 042: Facebook and Social Marketing Strategies
Social media marketing is no longer simply applying a budget and boosting front-facing posts. They’re mostly pay-to-play platforms, and in order to truly get ROI from your targeted audience, you have to implement a deeper strategy with the right data.
So what can companies learn from a digital agency that serves the automotive industry, a vertical with high price points and longer decision cycles?
In this episode, we’ll talk about Facebook and social media marketing strategies: how to target customers when their buying considerations are longer and more heavily researched, how these lessons might apply to everyday retailers, and when to pull the plug on retargeting.
Joining me for the conversation is Erika Simms, vice-president at Dealer Authority. You’ll hear us discuss:
· Why breaking ads into smaller components can help guide the customer journey.
· Which social channels and ad types are getting the best ROI right now.
· Which marketing tactic resulted in a 20-30% increase in click-throughs.
· How video on social is performing and which audience responds to it best.
· Ways to effectively use landing pages in conjunction with social ads and paid search.
· Which single element can you add to product photos to increase conversions?
· How to target consumers for larger purchases with longer buying and research cycles.
· When to abandon targeting prospects on social media.
To contact Erika or learn more about Dealer Authority:
I welcome your feedback, invite you to share any topics you’d like to hear more about, or let me know if you're interested in becoming a guest. Greg.Zakowicz@Bronto.com | https://twitter.com/WhatsGregDoing
This episode is brought to you by:
The Bronto Marketing Platform powers personalized multichannel content that generates the higher engagement needed for retail success. Keenly focused on the commerce marketer, Bronto continues its longstanding tradition as a leading email marketing provider to the global Internet Retailer Top 1000 and boasts a client roster of leading brands, including Rebecca Minkoff, Timex, Lucky Brand, Theory, Brooks Sports, Ashley HomeStore and Christopher & Banks. For more information, visit http://www.bronto.com