Episode 044: Post-Purchase Email Marketing
Whether you’re a seasonal business or not, focusing on the customer experience is a key component of driving repeat and loyal customers. But, if you sell high-quality, made-to-last artificial Christmas trees, how do you generate that repeat business? How do you stay relevant and top-of-mind throughout the non-holiday season? Enter post-purchase email marketing.
In this episode of The Commerce Marketer Podcast, we’re going to talk about how one seasonal retailer found success driving repeat business by focusing on a dedicated post-purchase email marketing strategy. I welcomed the Senior CRM Manager of Balsam Hill, Stephanie Maassen, to talk about the genesis of the strategy, how they got it done, and what they learned along the way.
You’ll hear about:
• How listening to customer service drove the post-purchase email strategy.
• Ways to manage execution when faced with limited resources.
• Keys to finding cross-sell opportunities in seasonal buyers.
• How to use customer data to formulate your post-purchase plan.
• Why post-purchase emails are not always about the immediate conversion.
• How they determined the timing for sending post-purchase emails.
• Types of messages and things to consider when planning a post-purchase series.
• Ways to blend transactional, customer service and marketing messages.
To contact Stephanie or learn more about Balsam Hill:
I welcome your feedback, invite you to share any topics you’d like to hear more about, or let me know if you're interested in becoming a guest. Greg.Zakowicz@Bronto.com | https://twitter.com/WhatsGregDoing
This episode is brought to you by:
The Bronto Marketing Platform powers personalized multichannel content that generates the higher engagement needed for retail success. Keenly focused on the commerce marketer, Bronto continues its longstanding tradition as a leading email marketing provider to the global Internet Retailer Top 1000 and boasts a client roster of leading brands, including Rebecca Minkoff, Timex, Lucky Brand, Theory, Brooks Sports, Ashley Homestore and Christopher & Banks. For more information, visit http://www.bronto.com