Episode 048: Building Emotional Connections with Customers
Retailers need to build emotional connections with their customers, but too many still rely on marketing tactics designed around transactions, not relationships. In today’s competitive retail environment, this style of marketing and lack of consumer engagement will fail to create loyal customers.
In this episode, Steve Deckert, co-founder of Smile.io, will discuss transactional actions within email, social, and loyalty programs, along with ways to turn those actions into emotional ones.
Step into the studio where we’ll discuss:
· Foundational elements needed to create emotional connections with consumers.
· Why many loyalty programs fail and how to transform them into ones that customers love.
· Which incentives can help create positive emotional connections.
· Ways to align a brand’s identity with the consumer’s identity.
· Keys to finding the right balance between transactional and emotional rewards.
To contact Steve, or to learn more about Smile.io: