Episode 101: Why should I care what my target does on weekends?
Welcome back, folks, to another episode of Imperfect Marketing! Today, we're rolling up our sleeves to answer a question that might have you scratching your head: Do you need to know what your target audience is up to on the weekends? And if so, why? Hold onto your hats as we take a deep dive into this intriguing topic.
In this episode, we'll discuss:
- Understanding your target's weekend activities: Why should you care about your target audience's off-duty activities, especially if you're a business-to-business service provider? Simply put, it can inform where and when to advertise, helping you streamline your efforts for maximum impact. Whether they're working, seeking opportunities to grow their business, unplugging completely, or spending time at family or community events, knowing their weekend habits can be a game-changer for your marketing strategy.
- Supporting shared interests: By understanding your audience's weekend activities, you can discover mutual interests or causes, which can lead to unique opportunities for engagement. For instance, if they are participating in community service events, you could support, host, or sponsor a similar event.
- Building relationships: Asking about your clients' weekends isn't creepy—it's a relationship builder. It helps you learn more about them, which is key in marketing. Understanding your audience on a deeper level can lead to more effective and authentic communication.
Thank you all for tuning in. We're excited to embark on this marketing journey with you. If you have any further questions or topics you'd like us to cover, don't hesitate to reach out. We'd love to hear from you.
And if you've found value in this episode, it would mean the world to us if you could rate and subscribe wherever you listen to podcasts. This is also our inaugural YouTube video, so if you're watching there, please ring that bell and subscribe. You'll find all the relevant links in the show notes and the YouTube description.
Looking forward to seeing you on the next episode of Imperfect Marketing. Have a great rest of your day!
- Target audience guide- https://courses.kendracorman.com/target-audience
- Target audience mini-course- https://courses.kendracorman.com/ta-mini
Remember, the more you understand your audience, the better your marketing will be.
Are you considering starting a podcast? Take my FREE podcast quiz: https://kendracorman.com/podcastquiz