Episode 11 - Zoë Lepage - Namaste, make a choice for yourself
My guest today is the founder of Exhale to Inhale, a yoga foundation that employs movement, breath work, mindfulness, and relaxation techniques to empower survivors of abuse to heal. She has devoted her life to helping others. She witnessed something tragic that she didn't want future generations to have to endure, and she decided to do something about it.
I hope you feel centered and inspired after listing to the one and only, Zoë Lepage!
Notes & Highlights
· 02:30 Zoe believes that impact happens one person at a time, one breadth at a time
· 07:30 Community Outreach – Nina, Los Angeles
· 10:45 The Exhale to Inhale Origin Story: Get Off The Couch
· 17:00 All great non-profit organizations start in the Engineering School cafeteria. ETI doesn’t practice at a spa in SoHo.
· 23:00 Feeling your ability to hold yourself up and make a choice for yourself, that’s powerful, that’s your saving grace!
· 30:30 ETI is built on the notion that something was helpful to them, maybe it’s transformative for you too
· 39:00 The first thing non-profit founders should do is pause. Make sure no one is doing what you want to do, ask yourself why, and then create the damn thing! You’ll know that you should work on a new endeavor full-time when you don’t have time to do your day job anymore.
· 42:15 Takes n’ Fakes Trivia
· 50:00 Movement for Meaning + the Inaugural Gala, with keynote speaker, Cecile Noel, Commissioner of NYC Mayor’s Office to End Domestic and Gender-based Violence (ENDGBV)