Episode 12: Property investment terms, glossary 1
A starter glossary for some of the "stuff" that we talk about in property.
Have your calculators ready to follow along as Stuart and Simon discuss and define a number of the basic financial terms that are commonly used in property investment.
The key terms covered in this episode are:
- Yield of the "gross" and "net" form.
- Mortgage, along with Loan to Value (LTV).
- Return on Investment (ROI), or should it be Return on Capital Employed (ROCE)?
- Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT).
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
- Cash flow.
There's also a slight diversion discussing the property holy grail - a deal with no money left in!