Episode 123: Sinners in the Presence of a Loving God, with R. Zachary Manis
Rethinking Hell contributor Chris Date interviews R. Zachary Manis, Professor of Philosophy and Graduate Director of the Master of Arts in Christian Ministry program at Southwest Baptist University, about his new book, Sinners in the Presence of a Loving God: An Essay on the Problem of Hell, in which he argues that only a variation of the doctrine of eternal torment can adequately answer the theological and philosophical problems of hell while staying consistent with Scripture and tradition.
- Dr. Manis's profile at the SBU website: https://www.sbuniv.edu/academics/faculty/zach-manis.php
- Dr. Manis's book for purchase at Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Sinners-Presence-Loving-God-Problem/dp/0190929251/
- Graham Ware's article on conditional immortality and the second council of Constantinople: http://rethinkinghell.com/2015/08/11/conditional-immortality-origen-and-the-second-council-of-constantinople/
- Glenn Peoples's article on how clearly the Bible teaches conditional immortality: http://rethinkinghell.com/2016/02/17/sure-as-hell/
- Episode 84 of the Rethinking Hell podcast with Jerry Walls: http://rethinkinghell.com/2016/01/20/episode-84-four-views-on-hell-2-0-purgatory-with-jerry-walls/
- Episode 95 of the Rethinking Hell podcast on "issuant" views of hell: http://rethinkinghell.com/2016/09/19/episode-95-issuant-views-and-the-problem-of-hell-with-ray-baker/