Episode 137: Mezzo Flaccido
Quizmasters Lee and Marc are joined by Proverbial Lightkeeper Matt to ask, suss and answer a general knowledge quiz full of “easy questions” with topics including Languages, Music Notation, U.S. Civics, Biology, Music Notation, Tennis, Cooking Terms, Vocabulary, Hall of Fame Athletes, Statue of Liberty, Crown Royal, Record Labels, Country Capitals, World Records, Black History, The Bible, Famous Authors, and more!
- LANGUAGES - In which Oceania country is the highest number of different languages spoken?
- MUSIC NOTATION - In music notation, what phrase of Italian origin means to play moderately loud?
- U.S. CIVICS - What article of the constitution gives the power of the Senate to perform an impeachment trial?
- BIOLOGY - What is the body producing during lacrimation?
- TENNIS - From 1991 to 1997, Australians Todd Woodbridge and Mark Woodforde won 61 ATP titles, eleven Grand Slam Doubles titles including a record consecutive five Wimbledon Gentlemen's Doubles Championships, a gold medal at the 1996 Olympics and were given what nickname?
- COOKING TERMS - What cooking term is used when food is cooked in grease, oil or sugar water (i.e. syrup) at a lower temperature for longer periods of time (as opposed to deep frying)?
- FoxenV (Reddit) - My wife and I felt good getting all the questions this week, but missed the long suss’s, this weeks episode felt too short! Hope that one review didn’t get you guys down, keep those episodes long and hard (phrasing)
*Kevin Hunt – The Golden State Warriors play in San Francisco. The Windows 95 question to ask should be, "what was the other music video on the CD?"
- VOCABULARY - What kind of device (used frequently in pyroprocessing) has a name which features a mostly ignored digraph in its common pronunciation?
- HALL OF FAME ATHLETES - NFL Hall of Fame running back is in what other sports’ Hall of Fame?
- STATUE OF LIBERTY - Sharing its name with a character from The Lord of the Rings, what is the name of the distillery where Crown Royal is made?
- CROWN ROYAL - Sharing its name with a character from The Lord of the Rings, what is the name of the distillery where Crown Royal is made?
- RECORD LABELS - The name of what American record label, started in 1957, is a combination of the names of its two founders?
- COUNTRY CAPITALS - What is the capital of Somalia?
Rate My Question
- WORLD RECORDS - Who holds the world record for most claps? - submitted by Elyse
- CENSUS - August 2, 1790, the first Census Day. Under the direction of Thomas Jefferson what group became the first census takers, visiting households in the original states and territories to conduct the 1790 Census? - submitted by Lisa
- BLACK HISTORY - Gwendolyn Brooks became the first African American to do what on May 1st, 1950?
- THE BIBLE - What is the shortest verse in the King James version Bible (also a Kanye West lyric)?
- FAMOUS AUTHORS - What pilot-turned-writer once sat upon friend Nikola Tesla’s high-velocity electro-mechanical oscillating earthquake machine in order to successfully cure his constipation?
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- February 17th, 2021 - Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge - Point Ybel Brewing Co. - 7:30 pm EST
- February 18th, 2021 - Know Nonsense Trivia on Twitch - 8 pm EST
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat's Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Shaun, Lydia, Gil, David, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Ryan, Mollie, Lisa, Alex, Spencer, Kaitlynn, Manu, Mo, Matthew, Luc, Hank, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Lucas
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Doug, Kevin and Sara, Tiffany, Allison, Paige, We Do Stuff, Mike S., Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you'd like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click "Support."
- Know Nonsense Trivia is creating podcasts | Patreon — Support the show on Patreon!
- knownonsensetrivia - Twitch — Play Know Nonsense Trivia on Wednesday at 7:30 pm (pub quiz-style) and Thursdays at 8pm EST (game show-style)!
- Know Nonsense Trivia Podcast | Facebook — Join us on our Facebook group!
- KnowNonsenseTrivia — Join our subreddit!
- Know Nonsense Trivia | Discord — Chat and play trivia with us on Discord!
- Trivia Night @ The Point | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Wednesdays at Point Ybel Brewing Co. in Fort Myers, FL!
- Ween - Where'd The Cheese Go (Parts 1 & 2) - YouTube
- PETE WEBER GOD DAMMIT I DID IT WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE - YouTube