Episode 138: Jon Squared Circle
Quizmasters Lee and Marc are joined by Jon Lewis and Jon Lane to ask, suss and answer a general knowledge quiz with topics including Classic Television, Animal Features, History of Medicine, Best-selling Video Games, Fish Species, Movie Firsts, Oceanography, Nuclear Physics, Business Strategy, Types of Candy, Cities of Distinction and more!
- CLASSIC TELEVISION - Buffalo Bob Smith was known for creating what friendly children’s character for radio in the 1940’s but would later go on to be used to sell color TV’s by RCA during the 1950’s?
- ANIMAL FEATURES - The scaly-foot snail, an animal known for living in "the impossible conditions" of underwater volcanic vents, is the only living animal that is known to incorporate what element in its skeleton?
- HISTORY OF MEDICINE - A barber shop pole is actually a symbol for an antiquated procedure that barbers would perform during medieval times. What medical procedure would they perform?
- BEST-SELLING VIDEO GAMES - What is the #1 selling game for a Nintendo console?
- BEST-SELLING VIDEO GAME FRANCHISES - What is the most successful video game franchise of all time that originated in the U.S., and (behind Super Mario and Pokémon) is the third highest-grossing video game franchise of all time?
- MEDICAL DEVICES - What medical tool, also known as a diopter, gets its name from the latin word for mirror?
- Claudette Colvin was the first African American to refuse to give up her seat, so you weren't wrong that Rosa parks wasn't technically the first. – Team Captain Aaron
- VIDEO GAME AWARDS - What video game released in 2020 is now the most awarded game in history (with 261 awards)?
- FISH SPECIES - Haddock and Whiting, fish species that are part of the Gadidae family, are commonly marketed by what other fish’s name?
- VIDEO GAME CHARACTERS - What was the first name pitched for Sega's Sonic the Hedgehog character?
- BIOLOGY - How many human blood types are there?
- MOVIE FIRSTS - The 1916 film Fall Of A Nation widely considered to be the first what?
- OCEANOGRAPHY - Known to have the highest tides in the world, the Bay of Fundy is located in the eastern part of what country?
Rate My Question
- ACTORS & EXPLORERS - A Venetian explorer who lived from 1474 to 1557 and explored North America in search of the Northwest Passage had the same first and last name as a British Actor who played the butler in the CBS-TV sitcom "Family Affair" which ran from 1966 to 1971. What is the name?
- LYRICS - Referring to an annual charity soccer tournament that occurs in Toronto, "Birchmount Stadium, Home of the Robbie" is the closing line of what hit 1998 song?
- NUCLEAR PHYSICS - In nuclear physics, a magic number is a number of nucleons (either protons or neutrons separately) such that they are arranged into complete shells with the atomic nucleus. 8 is the second magic number (ascending in numerical order). What is the first magic number in nuclear physics?
- BUSINESS STRATEGIES - Based on a video game icon, this defensive business strategy is used to stave off hostile takeovers, when the company that is threatened turns the tables by attempting to acquire its buyer?
- CANDY - Named after a card game, which candy mix involves an assortment of milk- and dark chocolate-coated raisins, alongside peanuts, jujubes, malt, fruits, nougat, licorice and Macadamia nuts?
- CITIES OF DISTINCTION - Which U.S. capital city is the only one without a McDonald's?
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- February 24th, 2021 - Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge - Point Ybel Brewing Co. - 7:30 pm EST
- March 1st, 2021 - Know Nonsense Trivia on Twitch - 8 pm EST
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Kyle, Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat's Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Shaun, Lydia, Gil, David, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Ryan, Mollie, Lisa, Alex, Spencer, Kaitlynn, Manu, Mo, Matthew, Luc, Hank, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Lucas
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Doug, Kevin and Sara, Tiffany, Allison, Paige, We Do Stuff, Mike S., Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you'd like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click "Support."
Special Guests: Jon Lane and Jon Lewis.
- frogmanbones - Twitch — Jon's Lane's Twitch channel.
- jonlewis - Twitch — Jon Squared Circle, a weekly wrestling wrap-up show hosted by our guests Jon Lewis and Jon Lane, airs every Thursday night on Twitch! Follow and Subscribe to Jon Lewis to check it out!
- Pangolin — Pangolin's bandcamp (featuring Jon Lane on bass guitar)! Check out the new covers EP 'Good Songs Played Poorly.'
- Home | jonlewis — Get copies of Jon's comic series, Detail: Nowhere and other art in his web store!
- DreamJerks Podcast - Every DreamWorks Film • A podcast on Anchor — Jon Lane's new podcast! Links to the show on available platforms are included on this page.
- DreamJerks Podcast - Every DreamWorks Film | Podcast on Spotify
- DreamJerks Podcast (@DreamJerksPod) / Twitter
- Know Nonsense Trivia is creating podcasts | Patreon — Support the show on Patreon!
- Lyrics To Go: 06 - One Week — Marc and Seth's analysis of the hit song "One Week" by Barenaked Ladies
- knownonsensetrivia - Twitch — Play Know Nonsense Trivia on Wednesday at 7:30 pm (pub quiz-style) and Thursdays at 8pm EST (game show-style)!
- Know Nonsense Trivia Podcast | Facebook — Join us on our Facebook group!
- KnowNonsenseTrivia — Join our subreddit!
- Know Nonsense Trivia — Chat and play trivia with us on Discord!
- Trivia Night @ The Point | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Wednesdays at Point Ybel Brewing Co. in Fort Myers, FL!