Episode 14 | Guests: Ana Maria Desmaison Cornejo and Linda Espinosa Valencia
In today's conversation with Ana Maria Desmaison Cornejo and Linda Espinosa Valencia, we are offered some amazing recommendations and expertise on the reality of working towards a better future. As the co-founders of Ventura Collective and individuals who have dedicated themselves to creating systemic change, our guests are uniquely positioned within the Canadian professional landscape to talk about the challenges we face in making real progress. We get to hear from Linda and Ana Maria about some of the actionable strategies that leaders can and should be using to facilitate more inclusive communities, uplift marginalized groups, and decolonize workplaces. The conversation covers dismantling the actual systems of oppression, how grassroots organizations can play a part, confronting the opportunity and pay gaps, and much more. Key takeaways include the mission at Ventura Collective and the need for a constant re-evaluation of the transparency and accountability at any organization. So to hear all this and much more from these two powerhouses, tune in today!
Key Points From This Episode:
- An introduction to Ventura Collective and our two guests' involvement in the field of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Unpacking the societal contributions from the Latinx communities.
- Workplace challenges faced by Latinx communities; opening up this important conversation.
- How Ventura Collective is connecting with Latinx women to confront the issues of the pay gap.
- The intersectional and plural nature of the Latinx experience.
- The hangovers from colonialism that need to be shed by Latinx communities.
- What allyship really means; coming together for systemic change.
- Top recommendations for the implementation of equity, diversity, and inclusion frameworks at companies.
- The awareness and learning that employers need to foster in relation to their employees.
- Recapping the key takeaways from today's conversation!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: