Episode 141: Struthio
Quizmasters Lee and Marc are joined by Anthony and Stevie from the We Have Issues podcast to ask, suss and answer a general knowledge quiz with topics including Band Logos, Merchandising, Sports Rules, Famous Battles, The Occult, British History, Idioms, Board Games, Animals of Africa, The Lost Boys, Ostriches and more!
- BAND LOGOS - What alt-rock band, headed by singer Ed Roland, used a modified Sweeney Todd logo on the cover of its 1993 debut album?
- MERCHANDISING - Debuting in 1919, which was the first cartoon character to be mass-merchandised?
- THE LOST BOYS - Within the film The Lost Boys, what word is said the most?
- OSTRICHES - Over how many feet can a male ostrich reach (on record)?
- EASTER CANDY - What popular Easter time candy originally took 27 hours to create before being bought by the candy company Just Born in 1953?
- IG NOBLE PRIZES - The 2004 Ig Noble prize for biology was awarded to a group of scientists for discovering that herrings communicate by doing what?
- During the Milk teeth suss, I said Deerhunter had a milk record...I was thinking of the band Dearhoof, who has an album titled ‘Milk Man’
- SPORTS RULES - In golf, making a Hole-in-One on a Par Five is known as what?
- FAMOUS BATTLES - For which battle did Washington famously cross the Delaware River?
- OSTRICHES- What is the average top speed of an ostrich?
- THE LOST BOYS - Having impressed the famous composer with his use of music in The Lost Boys, Joel Schumacher was hired to direct what adaptation for that composer?
- THE OCCULT - Used to pick the site where Rome would be founded, what is the term for the ancient practice of interpreting omens from the behavior of birds?
- BRITISH HISTORY - Who was the United Kingdom's youngest Prime Minister since 1812?
Rate My Question
- IDIOMS - In organized crime, informants are symbolized by a kind of song bird?
- THE LOST BOYS - Despite being about vampires, The Lost Boys was filmed in what city whose name means 'Holy Cross'?
- OSTRICHES - In MegaMan X2, what is the name of the Ostrich maverick (sharing part of its name with a guitar effects pedal)?
- BOARD GAMES - Sternhalma is a strategy board game for us to six players of German origin better known by what name?
- ANIMALS OF AFRICA - Struthio Camelus is the scientific name for what African animal?
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- March 15th, 2021 - Know Nonsense Trivia on Twitch - 8 pm EST
- March 17th, 2021 - Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge - Point Ybel Brewing Co. - 7:30 pm EST
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Kyle, Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat's Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Dylan, Shaun, Lydia, Gil, David, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Jon, Adam, Ryan, Mollie, Lisa, Alex, Spencer, Kaitlynn, Manu, Mo, Matthew, Luc, Hank, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Lucas
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Alex, Doug, Kevin and Sara, Tiffany, Allison, Paige, We Do Stuff, Mike S., Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you'd like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click "Support."
- knownonsensetrivia - Twitch — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Mondays at 8pm EST (game show-style) and on Wednesday at 7:30 pm (pub quiz-style)!
- Know Nonsense Trivia Podcast | Facebook — Join us on our Facebook group!
- KnowNonsenseTrivia — Join our subreddit!
- Know Nonsense Trivia — Chat and play trivia with us on Discord!
- Trivia Night @ The Point | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Wednesdays at Point Ybel Brewing Co. in Fort Myers, FL!
- Play It Again: A Graphic Novella by Anthony LaFauci — Kickstarter — The Kickstarter campaign for Play It Again (a semi-autobiographical time-travel graphic novel musical)
- We Have Issues - YouTube — Anthony Stevie Wildcard's podcast
- We Have Issues | Facebook
- Anthony Has Issues (@AnthonyLaFauci) / Twitter — Anthony on Twitter
- Stevie Wildcard (@OstrichColonyCo) / Twitter — Stevie on Twitter
- Ostrich Skiing - Unbelievably - YouTube — Lee was disappointed to learn this video of ostriches skiing is fake
- Man punches a kangaroo in the face to rescue his dog (Original HD) - YouTube
- Watch Oozing Wound hate-cover Blink-182’s “Dammit” - YouTube
- Episode 141 Soundtrack — A lot of music is mentioned in this episode! Here's a soundtrack.