Episode 145: Tromboners Horny for Sax
Quizmasters Lee and Marc are joined by horn players Amanda (Saxophone) and Aaron (Trombone) of the Bargain Bin Heroes and The Freecoasters to ask, suss and answer a general knowledge quiz with topics including 80’s Movies, Biology, Video Games, History, Television, Italian Culture, Food, Business and more!
- PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION - The Biddle Exam is given to people looking to get into what profession?
- 80's MOVIES - What 1968 book by Peter S. Beagle was later adapted into a film of the same name that features Angela Lansbury's first ever voice acting role in an animated feature film?
- BIOLOGY - In what area of your body would you find your epiglottis?
- VIDEO GAME SOUNDTRACKS - According to some developers behind Sonic the Hedgehog 3, what American pop musician composed portions of the soundtrack but left the project and left uncredited?
- SCOTTISH HISTORY - Scotland's Disgrace, Edinburgh's Folly, Scotland's Pride and Poverty, and Edinburgh's Shame are all names given to the country's attempt to replicate which iconic structure in 1826 and abandoned in 1829?
- VIDEO GAME CONSOLES - What android-based video game console was crowdfunded via Kickstarter in 2012, raising $8.5 million, making it one of the highest earning projects in crowdfunding history?
- More info on The Parthenon
- Pinnochio means Pine Eye (not Pine Head). - Amanda
- 80's MUSIC - Thomas Robertson, who in his early career played synthesizer on Foreigner’s “Urgent” and other hits, would later have a successful solo career under what stage name?
- PRESIDENTIAL BODYGUARDS - What martial artist was asked by Richard Nixon if he would like to be his personal bodyguard?
- TELEVISION - What American children's game show involved the winning team advancing to a final round called "The Video Zone" where the contestants appeared to be in a video game?
- ITALIAN CULTURE - According to traditional Italian belief, what known beverage should never be consumed in the afternoon?
- FOOD SCIENCE - What brand name product commonly found in the grocery store comes with its own susceptor for preparation?
- SERIAL KILLERS - What kind of dog did David Berkowitz say told him it "demanded the blood of pretty young girls"?
Rate My Question
- DISNEY - Aside from the long closure due to COVID, how many times has Disneyland been closed for at least a full day? Partial day closures do not count for this question. - submitted by Lisa (whiskytangodc)
- CONSTITUTIONAL LAW - Does the U.S. Constitution specifically require that juries must have exactly twelve jurors? - submitted by Michael Thomas, Oak Park, IL
- PHYSICAL FITNESS - If you are doing Fartlek training, what physical activity are you participating in?
- TECH ENTREPRENEURS - What famous entrepreneur was a tester for the original development of the game Breakout?
- FOOD ORIGINS - In what country was pepperoni invented?
- INDIAN FOOD - If you order murgh from an Indian restaurant, what meat are you ordering?
- COMPUTER GAMES - According to records of Minneapolis' Bryant Junior High school, it's likely that which music icon was one of a small group of students who played the first version of The Oregon Trail, developed by history teacher Don Rawitsch for his history class in 1971?
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- April 12th, 2021 - Know Nonsense Trivia on Twitch - 8 pm EST
- April 14th, 2021 - Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge - Point Ybel Brewing Co. - 7:30 pm EST
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Kyle, Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat's Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Dylan, Shaun, Lydia, Gil, David, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Jon, Adam, Ryan, Mollie, Lisa, Alex, Spencer, Kaitlynn, Manu, Mo, Matthew, Luc, Hank, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Lucas
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Alex, Doug, Kevin and Sara, Tiffany, Allison, Paige, We Do Stuff, Mike S., Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you'd like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click "Support."
- knownonsensetrivia - Twitch — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Mondays at 8pm EST (game show-style) and on Wednesday at 7:30 pm (pub quiz-style)!
- Know Nonsense Trivia Podcast | Facebook — Join us in our Facebook group!
- KnowNonsenseTrivia — Join our subreddit!
- Know Nonsense Trivia | Discord — Chat and play trivia with us on Discord!
- Trivia Night @ The Point | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Wednesdays at Point Ybel Brewing Co. in Fort Myers, FL!
- Nice Guys Pizza Trivia | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Marc on Wednesdays at Nice Guys Pizza in Cape Coral, FL (or on Zoom)!
- 5 Evidences : Sonic 3 & [answer] | YouTube
- "KISS FROM A ROSE" BY SEALS - YouTube
- Carlito's Way (1993) - Benny Blanco Scene (3/10) | Movieclips - YouTube — A Classic John Leguizamo scene from Carlito's Way.
- Animaniacs - A Quake, A Quake - YouTube — Amanda mentions this Animaniacs song during the Disneyland Rate My Question.
- Casey Common on Twitter: ""The Oregon Trail" turns 50 this year. In the fall of 1971, the computer game was created for student teacher Don Rawitsch's 8th-grade history classes at Bryant Junior High in Minneapolis. In the fall of 1971, Prince was an 8th-grader at Bryant Junior High in Minneapolis. https://t.co/WFO0lSpPIV" / Twitter — The tweet that prompted Lee's final question about the Oregon Trail's surprise beta tester.
- Reggae Soul and Ska | The Freecoasters | United States
- Music | Bargain Bin Heroes
- Rage Against The Karaoke Machine - Home