Episode 146: Burn The Ships Vinyl Edition
Quizmasters Lee and Marc are joined by Tommy Scott of The Electric Mud to ask, suss and answer a general knowledge quiz with topics including 80’s Music, 90’s Movies, Cars, Movie Cameos, Islam, Academia, Tragedies, Common Phrases, Celebrity Aliases, Famous Battles, Soda Flavors, NFL Mascots, 2000’s R&B, U.S. Geography, Physics, Fashion, Celebrity Sex Tapes and more!
- 80’s MUSIC - The Cure singer Robert Smith can be heard whispering what titular Frank Sinatra lyric during the instrumental break following the second chorus of Lovesong?
- 90’s MOVIES - What 1995 movie finds a character ordering pizza on the website pizza.net?
- CARS - Described as "dangerous" from the higher-ups from the automaker, what kind of car was actor Paul Walker riding in during a fiery fatal 2013 accident?
- MOVIE CAMEOS - In a blink and you'll miss it moment, who was cast as author-turned-political candidate Upton Sinclair in 2020’s Mank for their “reputation for factual presentations”?
- ISLAM - Ramadan is what number month in the Islamic calendar?
- ACADEMIA - Established in 1903, the Rhodes scholarship is the oldest graduate scholarship in the world and is a postgraduate award for students to study at what school?
- Tommy’s Pete & Pete theme beef, a call from Aaron, notes on cheating from Manu, and more.
- TRAGEDIES - In what decade did the plane carrying Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens and the Big Bopper crash?
- COMMON PHRASES - What actor, stand-up comedian and former MTV VJ is credited with coining the phrase "booty call"?
- CELEBRITY ALIASES - After the 2014 Sony email leaks, it was discovered the aliases Johnny Madrid and Harry Lauder were used by which A-list celebrities when booking hotels and making reservations?
- FAMOUS BATTLES - The Mayaguez Incident was the final battle of which war?
- SODA FLAVORS - The original Faygo flavors Fruit Punch, Strawberry and Grape were based on Feigenson family recipes of what foodstuff?
- NFL MASCOTS - Gumbo the Dog is the name of one of two mascots for which NFL team?
- 2000’s R&B - What production duo is said to be responsible for 43% of the songs played on US radio & 20% on British radio?
- U.S. GEOGRAPHY - St. Paul is the capital of which U.S. state?
- PHYSICS - Laser, as used in laser beam or laser pointer, is an acronym for what expression?
- CELEBRITY SEX TAPES - Which member of Motley Crue made a sex tape with Janine Lindemulder?
- FASHION - What thin cotton fabric used in summer suits takes its name from the Persian words for milk and sugar?
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- April 19th, 2021 - Know Nonsense Trivia on Twitch - 8 pm EST
- April 21st, 2021 - Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge - Point Ybel Brewing Co. - 7:30 pm EST
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Kyle, Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat's Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Dylan, Shaun, Lydia, Gil, David, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Jon, Adam, Ryan, Mollie, Lisa, Alex, Spencer, Kaitlynn, Manu, Mo, Matthew, Luc, Hank, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Lucas
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Alex, Doug, Kevin and Sara, Tiffany, Allison, Paige, We Do Stuff, Mike S., Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you'd like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click "Support."
Special Guest: Tommy Scott.
- knownonsensetrivia - Twitch — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Mondays at 8pm EST (game show-style) and on Wednesday at 7:30 pm (pub quiz-style)!
- Know Nonsense Trivia Podcast | Facebook — Join us in our Facebook group!
- /r/KnowNonsenseTrivia | Reddit — Join our subreddit!
- Know Nonsense Trivia | Discord — Chat and play trivia with us on Discord!
- Trivia Night @ The Point | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Wednesdays at Point Ybel Brewing Co. in Fort Myers, FL!
- Nice Guys Pizza Trivia | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Marc on Wednesdays at Nice Guys Pizza in Cape Coral, FL (or on Zoom)!
- Burn The Ships | The Electric Mud | Small Stone Recordings — Tommy's band's new vinyl -- out now! Buy on Bandcamp and stream on Spotify.
- Spotify – The Electric Mud
- The Electric Mud- A Greater Evil [Official Lyric Video] - YouTube — Lee worked on this video for Tommy's band.
- The Electric Mud Official - YouTube
- The Cure - Lovesong (Official Music Video) - YouTube — Hear the answer to Lee's first question here
- The Oral History of Mary-Kate and Ashley’s “Gimme Pizza” - The Ringer
- ‘F9’: Vin Diesel Says Paul Walker’s Spirit Brought John Cena to Film | IndieWire
- Comedian Jamie Kennedy on How He Ended Up in the Anti-Abortion Propaganda Film ‘Roe v. Wade’
- Lyrics To Go — Narc and Seth's podcast about bad, confusing or misunderstood lyrics (as mentioned in this episode's Missed Corrections segment).
- Spotify – Know Nonsense Trivia (Quiz Night Mix) — An updated trivia night playlist, curated by Lee, featuring hits and deep cuts from 1960-present!
- Aesop Rock - No Regrets with Lyrics - YouTube — A song recommendation from Marc and Lee
- Kanye Spazzes On Sway - YouTube
- Be On J! | Jeopardy.com — Let's get Seth on Jeopardy!
- Hardcore History 50-55 – Blueprint for Armageddon Series — A history podcast recommended by Tommy
- That Time I Accidentally Changed Hip Hop History — An article related to our first ever Factoid Alert
- Lil Big Jon | The Eric Andre Show | Adult Swim - YouTube
- Song Meanings at Songfacts — Lee likes using this website as a trivia resource.
- Reviews of Know Nonsense Trivia Podcast | Podchaser — Not an Apple user? Review us here!