Episode 150: Rate My Question
Quizmasters Lee and Marc are joined by Kyle Anne and Seth to ask, suss and answer a general knowledge All Rate My Question quiz with topics including Theme Parks, Ancient Egypt, Film Adaptations, Also Known As…, Baseball, Military History, Capital Cities, Fake Pop Stars, U.S. Geography, Movie Plot Details, Public Freakouts, Romantic Comedies, Movie Mashups and more!
- THEME PARKS - Celebrating its 150th anniversary in 2020, this amusement park features a record 71 rides and is considered the second oldest in the U.S.
- ANCIENT EGYPT - Pharaoh Amenhotep IV, who was King Tutankhamun's father, changed his name to what name, which means "devoted to Aten", the Egyptian sun god?
- FILM ADAPTATIONS - Director Scott Derrickson has been hired to adapt and direct Stephen King's The Breathing Method. If completed, this movie will be the final of the four dramatic novellas from the book Different Seasons to become a motion picture. What were the titles of the other three films?
- ALSO KNOWN AS… - The character name shared by John Cleese in the film A Fish Called Wanda and Richard Chamberlain in a guest appearance on the television series Leverage, Archie Leach, is the real name of what classic Hollywood leading man?
- BASEBALL - Which MLB Hall of Famer is the only player to have 3 Immaculate Innings credited to his name?
- MILITARY HISTORY - After the Peloponnesian War, Sparta was defeated by the city-state of Thebes with a corps d’elite named the Sacred Band. What was unique about the composition of this group of 300 soldiers?
- It’s “fremdscham” not “frendsham”. - E Rock
- Feedback on Flick by Lee.
- CAPITAL CITIES - Which Asian capital city is an anagram of its former capital city?
- FAKE POP STARS - R&B Recording artist Tevin Campbell got his start as a backup singer for Prince, but made a name for himself by lending his voice as a fictional pop sensation in what animated movie?
- U.S. GEOGRAPHY - Which US State has the least change in elevation between its highest point and lowest point?
- MOVIES - What is the vocation of John Beckwith and Jeremy Grey, played by Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn respectively?
- PUBLIC FREAKOUTS - Lead singer Steve Harwell of Smash Mouth notoriously lost his cool when the crowd at the Taste of Fort Collins event threw what edible item on stage?
- ARTISTS - Comedian Phil Hartman is often erroneously credited with designing the cover art of Steely Dan’s album Aja.
- ROMANTIC COMEDIES - When the two main characters first meet in the 1990 film, Pretty Woman, Richard Gere is struggling to drive a car, and Julia Roberts later says it "corners like it's on rails." What type of car is it? (Make & Model)
- MOVIE MASHUPS - Create a portmanteau out of two movie titles based on their mashed up synopsis: Robert De Niro is a middleweight boxer with a bad temper, who joins Tim Robbins and Kevin Costner to play for the Bulls minor league baseball team.
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- May 3rd, 2021 - Know Nonsense Trivia on Twitch - 8 pm EST
- May 5th, 2021 - Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge - Point Ybel Brewing Co. - 7:30 pm EST
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Kyle, Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat's Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Dylan, Shaun, Lydia, Gil, David, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Jon, Adam, Ryan, Mollie, Lisa, Alex, Spencer, Kaitlynn, Manu, Mo, Matthew, Luc, Hank, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Lucas
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Alex, Doug, Kevin and Sara, Tiffany, Allison, Paige, We Do Stuff, Mike S., Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you'd like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click "Support."
Special Guests: Kyle Anne and Seth.
- knownonsensetrivia - Twitch — Play Know Nonsense Trivia on Twitch! Follow us over there to get notifications when we go live!
- Know Nonsense Trivia Podcast | Facebook — Join us in our Facebook group!
- KnowNonsenseTrivia — Join our subreddit!
- Trivia Night @ The Point | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Wednesdays at Point Ybel Brewing Co. in Fort Myers, FL!
- Nice Guys Pizza Trivia | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Marc on Wednesdays at Nice Guys Pizza in Cape Coral, FL (or on Zoom)!
- Action Park Documentary | CLASS ACTION PARK
- Secret Window (2004) Official Trailer 1 - Johnny Depp Movie - YouTube — "You stole my story"
- Dreamcatcher (2003) Official Trailer #1 - Donnie Wahlberg Movie HD - YouTube
- Roy Orbison - Oh, Pretty Woman (from Black & White Night) - YouTube
- Bomb shot - Wikipedia
- Lyrics To Go Podcast — Seth's lyrical analysis podcast w/ Marc.
- Music | Kyle Anne — Check out Kyle Anne's music
- It's Possibly the Last Bandcamp Friday, So Let's Make It a Big One | Third Coast Review
- In Cold Marc - Capote/Infamous by Doubled Feature • A podcast on Anchor