Episode 153: The Dos and Don'ts of Small Group Instruction
Small group instruction is essential to work on focused and differentiated goals within a classroom with a broad range of skill sets. Small groups allow you to get more done in less time and individualize instruction appropriately. In this episode, I am sharing my dos and don’ts of small group instruction. Even if you are already using small groups, this episode will share some ways to fine tune how you run your groups and give some strategies to share with your team.
• Do group students will similar goals and skills
• Do consider grade, age, and behaviors
• Do review expectations at the start of every small group
• Do train your paraprofessionals to run small groups
• Do set a schedule
• Do end with an open ended activity
• Don’t just wing it
• Don’t forget to factor in time for reinforcers/break/movement
• Don’t try to do too much
• Don’t make the data system too complicated
Click here to find out more info about The Autism Helper Professional Development Membership: https://theautismhelper.com/membership/
Want more information about The Autism Helper Courses? Visit: https://theautismhelper.com/courses/
Looking for a specific product or resource? Visit The Autism Helper store on TpT: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/The-Autism-Helper
Get all updates from The Autism Helper Podcast by clicking subscribe above. Head over to theautismhelper.com for more info. Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest @theautismhelper.