Episode 163: 1970 Numbin'
Quizmasters Lee and Marc meet to ask, suss and answer a general knowledge quiz with topics including World History, James Bond Movies, Food, Rock Bands, Pop Music, Etymology, Movie Reviews, Chemistry, Animals, College Football, Voice Over Artists, Kama Sutra, Fictional Characters, Landscapes, Cars, TV Spinoffs and more!
- WORLD HISTORY - What is the name of the boomerang shaped region of the Middle East that was home to some of the world's earliest civilizations?
- JAMES BOND MOVIES - Duran Duran sang the theme song to which 007 movie?
- FOOD - Although the traditional version of this Mexican dish is a kind of goat meat stew, what recently popular taco consists of brisket and melted cheese on a tortilla soaked in its own marinade?
- ROCK BANDS - What classic rock group, formed in London in 1970 is known for having a guitarist that is also an astrophysicist?
- POP MUSIC - As of 2020, what Florida-born pop star has had five songs debut at No. 1, more than any other musical act in the chart's history?
- ETYMOLOGY - What popular drink comes from the Tongan word for "bitter"?
- In Greek mythology there is no “Hercules” there is instead “Heracles”. From Brittany Stewart
- Clarification on the Great Lakes related to largest lakes in the contiguous U.S. from Ryan Bort
- MOVIE REVIEWS - "I've had mosquito bites that are more passionate than this undead, unrequited and all together unfun pseudo romantic riff on Romeo and Juliet" was a review written about what movie?
- CHEMISTRY - Glow Sticks typically consist of dye, a catalyst, and a glass vial containing what chemical compound, which is more commonly used as a bleaching agent or antiseptic?
- ANIMALS - The only native mammal to Cape Verde is the long-eared what?
- COLLEGE FOOTBALL - College football's longest winning streak, 47 victories in a row from 1953 to 1957, a record set by the University of Oklahoma, was interrupted by a loss to what other team?
- VOICE OVER ARTISTS - Who narrated the first two seasons of Thomas the Tank Engine?
- KAMA SUTRA - In the Kama Sutra, the Congress of Crows is better known today as which sex act?
Rate My Question
- FICTIONAL CHARACTERS - What fictional character and later famous Disney Adaptation first appeared in the book the Little White Bird, first released in 1902 by J.M. Berry?
- LANDSCAPES - Frederick Law Olmsted is a landscape architect better known for designing what famous urban leisure ground?
- CARS - What hybrid vehicle was offered to U.S. car buyers in March 1999 (almost a full year before the Toyota Prius)?
- TV SPINOFFS - The Tortellis was the first attempt at a spinoff of what TV show?
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- August 18th, 2021 - Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge - Point Ybel Brewing Co. - 7:30 pm EDT
- August 19th, 2021 - Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge - Ollies Pub Records and Beer - 7:30 pm EDT
- August 21st, 2021 - The Office Trivia Night @ Point Ybel - Point Ybel Brewing Co. - 6:00 pm EDT
- August 23rd, 2021 - Know Nonsense Trivia MEGAQUIZ on Twitch - 8:00 pm EDT
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat's Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Skyler, Dylan, Shaun, Lydia, Gil, David, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Moo, Tim, Nabeel, Patrick, Jon, Adam, Ryan, Mollie, Lisa, Alex, Spencer, Kaitlynn, Manu, Mo, Matthew, Luc, Hank, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Lucas
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Hbomb, Alex, Doug, Kevin and Sara, Tiffany, Allison, Paige, We Do Stuff, Mike S., Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you'd like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click "Support."
- Know Nonsense Trivia Podcast | Facebook — Join us in our Facebook group!
- /r/KnowNonsenseTrivia — Join our subreddit!
- knownonsensetrivia - Twitch — Play Know Nonsense Trivia on Twitch! Follow us over there to get notifications when we go live!
- Trivia Night @ Point Ybel Brewing Co.! | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Wednesdays at Point Ybel Brewing Co. in Fort Myers, FL!
- Trivia Night @ Ollies Pub! | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Wednesdays at Point Ybel Brewing Co. in Fort Myers, FL!
- Nice Guys Pizza Trivia | Facebook — Play Nice Guys Pizza Trivia Live with Marc on Wednesdays or on Zoom at Nice Guys Pizza in Cape Coral, FL!
- Know Nonsense Trivia | Discord — Chat and play trivia with us on Discord!
- Lyrics To Go — Marc's other podcast!
- [adult swim festival] thundercat--- them changes (feat. Ariana Grande , DOMI & JD Beck) - YouTube
- Gary Numan - Down In The Park - YouTube
- How Is Wings Connected To Cheers Or Frasier (& 9 Other Questions About The Frasierverse, Answered)