Episode 165: Extreme Natural Points
Quizmasters Lee and Marc are joined by Lisa to ask, suss and answer a general knowledge quiz with topics including Landmarks, Music, U.S. History, Dog Breeds, Opera, Mascots, Animals, Famous Characters, Movies, Landmarks, Literature, Extreme Sports and more!
- FAN ZINES - Backstreets was a quarterly fanzine and website that covers the music of which popular musical act, and similar artists (since 1980)?
- U.S. HISTORY - Bob Dole was the senator of what state prior to running for president in 1996?
- POWER BROKERS - Who was ranked #1 on the 2020 Forbes list of the most powerful women in the world?
- DOG BREEDS - The first dog movie star, Blair, who famously starred in the 1905 short film Rescued by Rover, was of what breed?
- OPERA - Who are the three tenors?
- MASCOTS - What company's mascot, based on an iconic object first sold in 1937 by a different company, is named Luxo Jr.?
- Thanks to Drunk Theory and Zed 1 Pod for the shoutout on Twitter.
- KnowNote from Adam (Death Stars Are The Best Stars) on Discord: I couldn't find anything definitive but consomé in Spanish means "chicken soup" but i am going to assume it comes from the French cuisine term "consommé" which is a clarified broth, traditional created using whipped egg whites to remove the fat.
- Nabeel: Lee .. you were looking for "Clair de lune"
- Marvel’s Hercules was given immortality by Zeus after death and made the God of Strength
- The former Guinness Book of World Records has been Guinness World Records since 2000.
- K7 in Europe? No, there are no K-class mountains in Europe, as the K comes from the mountain range Karakoram, which is in Asia.
- Seth wanted us to know Mandrakes are in fact a real plant.
- FAMOUS CHARACTERS - What animated character is known in France and other francophone countries as Musclor?
- ANIMALS - Due to pressure build up from long periods of dilation during the dark winter months, what mammal is the only whose eyes turn from gold in the warmer seasons to blue in the winter?
- MOVIES - The Hollywood Foreign Press organization liked Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross of Nine Inch Nails, giving them a Golden Globe for their score of what 2010 film?
- LANDMARKS - On which continent is the world's largest media crater (the Vredefort Crater)?
- LITERATURE - Philip Pullman's trilogy of novels titled His Dark Materials gets its name from what 17th century epic poem?
- EXTREME SPORTS - BASE is an acronym that stands for what four categories of fixed objects from which BASE jumpers jump?
Rate My Question
- INSECTS - What insect is known as “God’s little cow” or “Little Cow of God” in the Russian and Irish languages?
- SPORTS - In his 1989 obituary, which racing legend was survived by over 300 sons & daughters?
- ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME - What former TV personality and longtime friend of Eddie Vedder inducted Pearl Jam into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?
- DANGEROUS BOOKS - Just four copies remain of a toxic 1874 book by Michigan Dr. Robert C. Kedzie which contains 86 specimens of what?
- INVENTIONS - Invented by the journalist Arthur Winne, the first word cross appeared in the New York World newspaper in what decade?
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- September 1st, 2021 - Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge - Point Ybel Brewing Co. - 7:30 pm EDT
- September 2nd, 2021 - Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge - Ollies Pub Records and Beer - 7:30 pm EDT
- September 6th, 2021 - Know Nonsense Trivia MEGAQUIZ on Twitch - 8:00 pm EDT
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Issa, Adam V., Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat's Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Jenny, Rick G., Skyler, Dylan, Shaun, Lydia, Gil, David, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Rachael, Rikki, Jon Lewis, Moo, Tim, Nabeel, Patrick, Jon, Adam B., Ryan, Mollie, Lisa, Alex, Spencer, Kaitlynn, Manu, Mo, Matthew, Luc, Hank, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Lucas
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Laurel, A-A-Ron, Loren, Hbomb, Alex, Doug, Kevin and Sara, Tiffany, Allison, Paige, We Do Stuff, Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C., Mike. K
If you'd like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click "Support."
Special Guest: Lisa Wolfisch.
- Know Nonsense Trivia Podcast | Facebook — Join us in our Facebook group!
- /r/KnowNonsenseTrivia — Join our subreddit!
- knownonsensetrivia - Twitch — Play Know Nonsense Trivia on Twitch! Follow us over there to get notifications when we go live!
- Trivia Night @ Point Ybel Brewing Co.! | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Wednesdays at Point Ybel Brewing Co. in Fort Myers, FL!
- Trivia Night @ Ollies Pub! | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Wednesdays at Point Ybel Brewing Co. in Fort Myers, FL!
- Nice Guys Pizza Trivia | Facebook — Play Nice Guys Pizza Trivia Live with Marc on Wednesdays or on Zoom at Nice Guys Pizza in Cape Coral, FL!
- Know Nonsense Trivia | Discord — Chat and play trivia with us on Discord!
- Know Nonsense Trivia is creating podcasts | Patreon — Support the show on Patreon!
- Lyrics To Go — Marc's podcast with Seth about bad or misunderstood lyrics
- Quadruple Take Masterclass - YouTube — Patrick Stewart's Quadruple Take
- Drunk Theory Podcast — These folks gave us a shoutout on Twitter! Thanks y'all!
- Musclor : générique HD - YouTube — The Musclor intro. Marc actually wasn't too far off in the pronunciation!
- Tom Morello Inducts KISS Into Hall of Fame - YouTube
- KISS Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame Induction - YouTube