Episode 166: Literal Couch Potato
Quizmasters Lee and Marc are joined by Kenneth Leeming Jr. and Jon Lane of Pangolin and DreamJerks Podcast to ask, suss and answer a general knowledge quiz with topics including Automakers, Universal Monsters, “Weird” Al, Shrek Songs, Billboard Records, Prowrestling Moves, Video Games, Medical Discoveries, Famous Landmarks, Warped Tour, NATO Phonetic Alphabet and more!
- AUTOMAKERS - Datsun, an automobile brand that was fazed out in 1986 and relaunched in 2013 is a low cost option from what automaker?
- UNIVERSAL MONSTERS - Sharing his name with a mythological creature, what is the protagonist’s name in H.G. Wells’s 1897 novel The Invisible Man?
- “WEIRD” AL - After being referenced in the original children's book, American icon and hero Weird Al Yankovic would go on to write and perform the theme song of what animated movie?
- SHREK SONGS - "I'm a Believer" was covered by Smash Mouth for the Shrek soundtrack, and was originally recorded by The Monkeys, but who wrote the song?
- BILLBOARD RECORDS - Which classic rock band, featured on the Forrest Gump soundtrack, holds the record for the most #2 hits without a #1?
- PROWRESTLING MOVES - Which U.S. president had a history in wrestling and is credited with inventing a move popular with modern pro-wrestlers such as The Undertaker, the chokeslam?
- "The Adventures of André & Wally B" (1984) was the first Pixar short, not Tin Toy as Lee guessed in episode #165.
- Vredefort – the site of the world’s largest Metoer Crater in South Africa - Russian? The town's name, which translates to "peace fort" in Afrikaans and Dutch,
- VIDEO GAMES - In 2002, 3D graphics and a first-person perspective were introduced to what classic video game series that made its North American debut in 1987?
- MEDICAL DISCOVERIES - Wilhelm Roentgen is typically credited with the discovery of what which is regularly used in the medical field?
- FAMOUS LANDMARKS - CBGB, a famous New York City music club known for its punk and new wave roots. On it's awning, what did the acronym CBGB OMFUG stand for?
- WARPED TOUR - What Florida band holds the record for most performances on the Vans Warped Tour 24 year run?
- NATO PHONETIC ALPHABET - What is the NATO phonetic alphabet word for 'J'?
- BEES - Using simple eyes to detect light and avoid predators, and compound eyes to sense patterns representing flowers and other bees, how many total eyes does a bee have?
Rate My Question
- BASEBALL - In baseball lingo, what are the "three true outcomes" which can occur at the end of an at-bat?
- SOUTH PARK - The creators of South Park are in the process of purchasing this particular restaurant, which has been featured/mentioned several times. What is the name of the restaurant?
- FACTOID - From Slither to The Suicide Squad, what two actors have appeared in every James Gunn movie?
- MOVIE STUDIOS - In celebration of the studio's 100-year anniversary, Universal Pictures debuted its current logo and fanfare with what film?
- BANDS NAMED AFTER SONGS - What is the name of the song featured in the 1986 comedy musical film True Stories which shares the same name with and English rock band who formed in 1985 under the name On A Friday?
- MASCOTS - In what year was Joe Camel decommissioned for Camel cigarettes?
- PHOBIAS - A BASE jumper who suffers from gephyrophobia would have trouble jumping from which type of fixed object for which the activity BASE jumping is partially named?
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- September 6th, 2021 - Know Nonsense Trivia MEGAQUIZ on Twitch - 8:00 pm EDT
- September 8th, 2021 - Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge - Point Ybel Brewing Co. - 7:30 pm EDT
- September 9th, 2021 - Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge - Ollies Pub Records and Beer - 7:30 pm EDT
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Issa, Adam V., Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat's Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Jenny, Rick G., Skyler, Dylan, Shaun, Lydia, Gil, David, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Rachael, Rikki, Jon Lewis, Moo, Tim, Nabeel, Patrick, Jon, Adam B., Ryan, Mollie, Lisa, Alex, Spencer, Kaitlynn, Manu, Mo, Matthew, Luc, Hank, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Lucas
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Laurel, A-A-Ron, Loren, Hbomb, Alex, Doug, Kevin and Sara, Tiffany, Allison, Paige, We Do Stuff, Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C., Mike. K
If you'd like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click "Support."
Special Guests: Jon Lane and Kenneth Leeming Jr..
- Know Nonsense Trivia Podcast — Join us in our Facebook group!
- /r/KnowNonsenseTrivia — Join our subreddit!
- knownonsensetrivia | Twitch — Play Know Nonsense Trivia on Twitch! Follow us over there to get notifications when we go live!
- Trivia Night @ Point Ybel Brewing Co.! | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Wednesdays at Point Ybel Brewing Co. in Fort Myers, FL!
- Trivia Night @ Ollies Pub! | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Wednesdays at Point Ybel Brewing Co. in Fort Myers, FL!
- Nice Guys Pizza Trivia | Facebook — Play Nice Guys Pizza Trivia Live with Marc on Wednesdays or on Zoom at Nice Guys Pizza in Cape Coral, FL!
- Know Nonsense Trivia | Discord — Chat and play trivia with us on Discord!
- Know Nonsense Trivia is creating podcasts | Patreon — Support the show on Patreon!
- @PangolinFL | Linktree — Everything you need as a new Pangolin fan!
- DreamJerks Podcast - Every DreamWorks Film on Apple Podcasts — Jon and Kenneth's Podcast, reviewing the DreamWorks animated movies in order.
- Datsun 280 Z Commercial 1970 - YouTube — Marc nailed the pronunciation
- How Japanese Pronounce Japanese Car Brands // Nissan, Datsun, Toyota, etc. - YouTube
- Jesse Ventura interviews Donald Trump: WrestleMania XX - YouTube
- Robocop - I'd Buy That For a Dollar - YouTube — Lee references this scene from Robocop
- CBGB Bathroom — A pic of the bathroom "with it's own brand" according to Lee
- Kongfrontation FULL Vintage POV Ride 1996, Universal Studios Florida Theme Park, Orlando, King Kong - YouTube
- Will Smith Never Said "Welcome to Earf" in Independence Day | GQ
- Did Disney Fake Lemming Suicide for 'White Wilderness'?
- jonlewis | Twitch — Lee and Jon Lane regularly appear on Jon Lewis's Twitch channel.
- Unofficial Universal Orlando Podcast: Rush Of Fear #1 - Dates, Beetlejuice & Intros