Episode 172: Shaqaroni & Brees
Quizmasters Lee and Marc meet to ask, suss and answer a general knowledge quiz with topics including Natural Wonders, 90’s Music, U.S. Geography, Hamilton, Animated Characters, Wild Celebs, European History, State Nicknames, Chemistry, Athletes, Classic Cars, Giving Celebs, Kitchen Appliances, Insects, Poisons and more!
- NATURAL WONDERS - The Simpson Desert, which contains the world longest parallel sand dunes, can be found on what continent?
- 90’S MUSIC - The band Pavement appeared on what parody talk show in 1997 where they were mistaken for The Beatles?
- U.S. GEOGRAPHY - The Tongass National Forest, which is the largest national forest in the U.S., is found in which state?
- HAMILTON - Which U.S. historical figure sings the first line of the hit Broadway musical Hamilton?
- ANIMATED CHARACTERS - Prickle, Goo, Minga and Rodgy are all characters that were on what animated show?
- WILD CELEBS - Which musician known for hits "Your Love is My Drug" and "Praying" once bribed Prince's gardener so she could sneak into his house to plant her demo tape?
- EUROPEAN HISTORY - First built in 1895, destroyed in 1943, then rebuilt in 1961 to serve as a WWII Exhibit and memorial, Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church is located in which European city?
- STATE NICKNAMES - "Almost Heaven" and "the Switzerland of America" are two nicknames for which state?
- CHEMISTRY - The Kastle-Meyer test was developed by two analytical chemists in 1903, that uses a chemical indicator to help detect the presence of what?
- ATHLETES - What was the last year that Shaquille O'Neal played professional basketball?
- CLASSIC CARS - Named after a Native American mythological creature, what model car by Ford created the "personal luxury car" niche market in the late 1950's when it was redesigned to have four seats (instead of two)?
- GIVING CELEBS - What famous actor, known for their role on Star Trek, sold a kidney stone to an online casino which they then donated to charity?
Rate My Question
- KITCHEN APPLIANCES - Originally intended for a Jewish stew of meat & beans called cholent, what kitchen appliance was originally introduced in 1971?
- INSECTS - How many eyes do most full-grown caterpillars have?
- POISONS - In 2013, actress Shannon Richardson was charged in the mailing of letters to President Barack Obama and Mike Bloomberg that were laced with what poison?
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- October 20th, 2021 - Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge - Point Ybel Brewing Co. - 7:30 pm EDT
- October 21st, 2021 - Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge - Ollies Pub Records and Beer - 7:30 pm EDT
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Issa, Adam V., Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat's Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Mo, Jenny, Rick G., Skyler, Dylan, Shaun, Lydia, Gil, David, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Rachael, Rikki, Jon Lewis, Moo, Tim, Nabeel, Patrick, Jon, Adam B., Ryan, Mollie, Lisa, Alex, Spencer, Kaitlynn, Manu, Matthew, Luc, Hank, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Lucas
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Laurel, A-A-Ron, Loren, Hbomb, Alex, Doug, Kevin and Sara, Tiffany, Allison, Paige, We Do Stuff, Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C., Mike. K
If you'd like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click "Support."
- Know Nonsense Trivia is creating podcasts | Patreon — Support the show on Patreon!
- Know Nonsense Trivia — Chat and play trivia with us on Discord!
- r/KnowNonsenseTrivia — Join our subreddit!
- knownonsensetrivia - Twitch — Play Know Nonsense Trivia on Twitch! Follow us over there to get notifications when we go live!
- Trivia Night @ Point Ybel Brewing Co.! | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Wednesdays at Point Ybel Brewing Co. in Fort Myers, FL!
- Trivia Night @ Ollies Pub! | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Thursdays at Ollies Pub. in Cape Coral, FL!
- Nice Guys Pizza Trivia | Facebook — Play Nice Guys Pizza Trivia Live with Marc on Wednesdays or on Zoom at Nice Guys Pizza in Cape Coral, FL!
- Shaq Falling on Live TV During Halftime Show - YouTube — Shout out to Jon Lewis for cementing OK ERNIE in our minds