Episode 174: Down on All Eights
Quizmasters Lee and Marc are joined by Captain Nick Williams to ask, suss and answer a general knowledge quiz with topics including Food, Fishing, Video Games, Psychology, Martial Arts, Inventions, and more!
- BASEBALL - What baseball great, also known as "The Iron Horse" was the first professional athlete to grace a Wheaties box in 1934?
- FISHING - Known for their shiny, silvery scales, what is the common name for the fish of the genus Megalops?
- AUDIO ENGINEERING - A form of audio signal processing for reducing the background hissing sound on audio tape recordings was first used in the film A Clockwork Orange, and was named what?
- PSYCHOLOGY - What is the name for the psychological condition in which a person believes that a friend, spouse, parent, or other close family member or threat, was replaced with an imposter?
- DOG BREEDS - Which small breed of dog in AKC's non-sporting group is sometimes known as 'The American Gentleman'?
- INVENTIONS - In 1900, an inventor would name what space saving piece of furniture after himself, while several other companies were producing similar pieces, which he patented with pivot and counterbalance designs?
- #173 - Samhain pronunciation.
- TEAM SPORTS - Water Polo was developed in Scotland and the UK as a water version of what popular sport?
- MARTIAL ARTS - What martial art is known as "the science of the eight limbs?"
- WEALTH - As of 2020, what state has the most billionaires per capita?
- MEDIEVAL WEAPONS - What is the name of the two-handed medieval weapon that consists of an axe blade topped with a spike mounted on a long shaft, as well as a hook on the back for grappling mounted combatants?
- VIDEO GAMES - Debuting in 1996's SimCopter, what language do Sims speak?
- U.S. HOLIDAYS - On June 14th, which U.S. national day in not a federal holiday and is only recognized by the state of Pennsylvania as an official holiday?
- FOOD ITEMS - Which grilled item became popular in the U.S. during the Great Depression and is now enjoyed on a daily basis (with about 86% of American adults enjoying at least one each year)?
- GOLF RULES - What is the maximum number of clubs a golfer is allowed to carry according to the United States Golf Association?
- METAL DETECTORS - Which Scottish-born inventor and scientist made the first metal detector in 1881 when trying to extract a bullet from President Garfield's body after he was shot?
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- November 3rd, 2021 - Know Nonsense Challenge - Point Ybel Brewing Co. - 7:30 pm EDT
- November 4th, 2021 - Know Nonsense Trivia Challegnge - Ollies Pub Records and Beer - 7:30 pm EDT
- November 6th, 2021 - Quizmania II: Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge Pro Wrestling Edition - Ollies Pub Records and Beer - 7:30 pm EDT
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Issa, Adam V., Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat's Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Mo, Jenny, Rick G., Skyler, Dylan, Shaun, Lydia, Gil, David, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Rachael, Rikki, Jon Lewis, Moo, Tim, Nabeel, Patrick, Jon, Adam B., Ryan, Mollie, Lisa, Alex, Spencer, Kaitlynn, Manu, Matthew, Luc, Hank, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Lucas
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Laurel, A-A-Ron, Loren, Hbomb, Alex, Doug, Kevin and Sara, Tiffany, Allison, Paige, We Do Stuff, Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C., Mike. K
If you'd like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click "Support."
Special Guest: Captain Nick.
- Know Nonsense Trivia is creating podcasts | Patreon — Support the show on Patreon!
- Know Nonsense Trivia | Discord — Chat and play trivia with us on Discord!
- KnowNonsenseTrivia | Reddit — Join our subreddit!
- knownonsensetrivia | Twitch — Play Know Nonsense Trivia on Twitch! Follow us over there to get notifications when we go live!
- Trivia Night @ Point Ybel Brewing Co.! | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Wednesdays at Point Ybel Brewing Co. in Fort Myers, FL!
- Quizmania II Pro Wrestling Trivia @ Ollies Pub! | Facebook — Wrestling trivia, live at Ollie's Pub, Cape Coral, FL!
- Casey at the Bat by Ernest Lawrence Thayer - Poems | poets.org
- Captain Nick Williams (@captainnickwilliams) • Instagram photos and videos
- billy corgan rides a rollercoaster - YouTube
- Billy Corgan and Walter E. Smithe Wrestling - YouTube — Billy Corgan in a furniture commercial featuring wrestling