Episode 175: Sea Creatures
Quizmasters Lee and Marc meet to ask, suss and answer a general knowledge quiz with topics including Art, Planets, Music, Movies, Geography, Languages and more!
- AIRPLANES - What was the name of Wilbur and Orville Wright's powered aircraft, named for a nearby location where the flight took place in 1903?
- ART - What French post-impressionist artist was famously living with Van Gogh when he cut off his ear?
- PLANETS - Which planet has the most moons, with 82 total as of 2021?
- MUSIC - What band has released such albums as Flick of the Switch, Ball Breaker, and Power Up?
- GEOGRAPHY - Which is the only U.S. state to share a land border with three Canadian provinces?
- DOGS - What are the four varieties of poodle, based on size?
- MOVIES - What 1988 found both of its stars opting to take 20% of the film's box office returns instead of their usual pay, resulting in the biggest paychecks of their film careers?
- LANGUAGES - Caribbean country Aruba, Curacao and Sint Maarten all list what language as an official language?
- GOVERNMENT AGENCIES - What does FEMA stand for?
- BREAKING BAD - On Breaking Bad, which book of poetry by Walt Whitman was gifted to Walter by fellow cook and chemist Gale, and later led to Hank figuring out Walt's secret identity?
- FAMOUS FIRST LINES - "There's no time to be careful, we're late" was the first line said by what cartoon character?
- PSYCHOLOGY - Which part of the brain, which shares a name with a sea creature from Greek myth, is located deep in the temporal lobe and is responsible for memory and learning?
Rate My Question
- VOCABULARY - What popular word which is an oxymoron and a portmanteau first appeared in print in the title of a 1953 article describes the relationship between America and Russia?
- VOCABULARY - What is the palindromic term for dots on dice?
- STAR TREK - Despite pushback from their production company's board of directors, which comedian is responsible for funding and producing Star Trek: The Original Series?
- NAMES - What popular female name was invented by writer Jonathan Swift for Esther van Marie whom Swift had met in 1708 and whom he tutored?
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- November 10th, 2021 - Know Nonsense Challenge - Point Ybel Brewing Co. - 7:30 pm EDT
- November 11th, 2021 - Know Nonsense Trivia Challegnge - Ollies Pub Records and Beer - 7:30 pm EDT
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Issa, Adam V., Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat's Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Mo, Jenny, Rick G., Skyler, Dylan, Shaun, Lydia, Gil, David, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Rachael, Rikki, Jon Lewis, Moo, Tim, Nabeel, Patrick, Jon, Adam B., Ryan, Mollie, Lisa, Alex, Spencer, Kaitlynn, Manu, Matthew, Luc, Hank, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Lucas
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Laurel, A-A-Ron, Loren, Hbomb, Alex, Doug, Kevin and Sara, Tiffany, Allison, Paige, We Do Stuff, Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C., Mike. K
If you'd like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click "Support."
- Know Nonsense Trivia is creating podcasts | Patreon — Support the show on Patreon!
- Know Nonsense Trivia | Discord — Chat and play trivia with us on Discord!
- /r/KnowNonsenseTrivia | Reddit — Join our subreddit!
- Trivia Night @ Point Ybel Brewing Co.! | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Wednesdays at Point Ybel Brewing Co. in Fort Myers, FL!
- Trivia Night @ Ollies Pub! | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Thursdays at Ollie's Pub in Cape Coral, FL!