Episode 18: Risk, Freedom, and the Power of Tech Labor ft. Ben Tarnoff
Jack and Shobita talk about her recent experiences giving Congressional testimony about equity in energy innovation, question the meaning of Freedom Day in the UK, puzzle over the FDA's recent approval of a new Alzheimer's drug, and interview Ben Tarnoff, co-founder of Logic Magazine, about tech worker organizing.
- Sheila Jasanoff, The Fifth Branch: Science Advisers as Policymakers. Harvard University Press, 1998.
- Ben Tarnoff and Moira Weigel, editors, Voices from the Valley: Tech Workers Talk About What they Do and Why they Do It. FSG Originals, 2020.
- Ben Tarnoff and Moira Weigel, "Silicon Valley Workers Have Had Enough," The New York Times, January 26, 2021.
- Aaron Petcoff and Ben Tarnoff, "Tech Workers at Every Level Can Organize to Build Power." Jacobin Magazine. February 6, 2021.
- Ben Tarnoff, "The Making of the Tech Worker Movement." Logic Magazine. May 4, 2020.