Episode 185 - Context, Practice, and Ricochets
In this week's variety show Mia Anstine talks about gun safety and the dangers of ricochets, Sgt. Bill Silvia shares more tips from his preparations for the upcoming 2019 IDPA World Championship, and Pastor Bennett explores the context of this week's Gospel reading for the 12th Sunday after the Festival of the Holy Trinity.
Use these Links to Support Armed Lutheran Radio
Armed Lutheran Radio is a listener-supported podcast. If you value the information and entertainment we provide, consider supporting the show by joining our membership site, or shopping at your favorite online stores using the links below.
- Join the Reformation Gun Club!
- Shop at Amazon.
- Shop at GunMagWarehouse.
- Shop ShootSteel.com
- Shop for everyday cigar deals at Cigar Page
- Get Regular Refills Coffee Subscriptions at the Dunkin' Donuts Shop!
- Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network
Sgt. Bill is preparing for the 2019 IDPA World Championship and shares some drills he is using to get ready.
Motivated by an interaction in social media, Mia discusses the dangers of ricochet when shooting at water.
Pastor Bennett often speaks of the importance of context in considering verses from Scripture. In his preparation for this week's sermon, Pastor realizes that he had never considered the broader context of this week's text from the Gospel of Mark where Jesus heals a man who is deaf and mute.
Almighty and merciful God, whose gift it is that Your faithful possess all things pertaining to faith and life, we implore You that we may so faithfully cling to Your promises in this life that we fail not finally to attain to Your heavenly glory; through Jesus Christ, Your Son, our Lord, who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever. Amen.
Get in Touch
- Visit our Feedback Page and leave us a message!
- Please tell your friends about us, leave an iTunes review, and like us on Facebook
- Join our Facebook group, Fans of Armed Lutheran Radio
- Subscribe to us and follow us on Youtube
- Follow us on Twitter @armedlutheran
- And search for us on Instagram
- Check Out More at Our Website
Our Closing Theme
A rockin' rendition of A Mighty Fortress is Our God, performed just for Armed Lutheran Radio by Kenny Gates.