Episode 193: Free Wanting (Frankfurt's "Freedom of the Will and the Concept of a Person")
David and Tamler want to go old school and discuss a classic Frankfurt paper on free will. But do they want to want that? Are they free to want what they want to want? Are they free to will what they want to will or to have the will they want?
And if that’s not Dr. Seuss enough for you, shouting “FUCK” increases pain tolerance but what about shouting “TWIZPIPE”?
- BetterHelp: You deserve to be happy. BetterHelp online counseling is there for you. Connect with your professional counselor in a safe and private online environment. Promo Code: VBW
- Repeating the “F” word can improve threshold for pain during an ice water challenge
- Frontiers | Swearing as a Response to Pain: Assessing Hypoalgesic Effects of Novel “Swear” Words | Psychology
- Very Bad Wizards has a new shirt! [CottonBureau.com]
- Freedom of the Will and the Concept of a Person by Harry Frankfurt