Episode 20 - Alexandria Joy (AJ) - The minimalist leader
Alexandria Joy (AJ) is the powerhouse founder of UQ Power, a collective of Company Culture Architects supporting CEO's, HR and Marketing Directors to design and build strong company cultures that build their brand and market share through sustainable relationships.
AJ's top 5 strengths are learner, connectedness, strategic, futuristic, and input - and you can see these shine through in this episode! We discussed why, as leaders, a lot of people go for mastery first. They take on external stimulus - do courses, read books, listen to podcasts - all to master becoming a good leader. It needs to be an inside/out game rather than an outside/in one.
- mindset (going within to clear the slate and set up for success, know yourself)
- minimalism (strip away what doesn’t work for you - reduce the noise, the friction, reduce the need to do things just to please others), and
- mastery (then polish the stone, add the skills).
Other key highlights on this episode include...
- When working with people or facilitating workshops, set your intention of allowing whatever needs to come through to be there - have the curriculum, but also meet people where they’re at.
- As leaders you can’t take the world or your team further than you’ve gone inside.
- The human mind can’t be creative and logical at once. So when everything is full - your space, your calendar, your mind - you can’t get into that creative space.
#culture #business #leadership #minimalism #selfleadership #personaldevelopment #business #entrepreneur #mastery #mindset #attitude #strengths #cliftonstrengths #gallup #inspired #inspiring #inspiredenergy #podcast #anchor