Episode 28; Venture Parter Of Makers Fund And Investor Aðalsteinn "Alli" Óttarsson Talks About Investing In Gaming And Joakim Talks About The Perfect Pitch Deck For Gaming Studios
His name is Aðalsteinn Óttarsson, but his friends are calling him; "Alli".
He describes himself as a transformation leader with 18 years of game development experience as Director, Producer and Programmer. In his past roles he has lead large organizational changes to accelerate the delivery of two iconic video games - EVE Online and League of Legends.
At Riot he recruited and managed a large team of Game Development Mangers across both League of Legends and the R&D efforts which were (and are) focused on putting the "s" in Riot Games. He is known for a large appetite for large scale and hefty challenges, solid and sustainable outcomes, building strong teams, and performing miracles.
Originally from Iceland living in Southern California provides a stark contrast to the icy rock in the North Atlantic Ocean. He has a serious travel bug, a love for music and culinary aspirations.
Two nice did you know facts! He ran a drum'n'bass club and did stadium announcements for the Icelandic national handball team.
We covered quite some questions I had;
- how is it to investing in gaming;
- how are you looking at pitch decks and founders;
- tips for approaching investors;
- what is your take on the current status of gaming (2020 incl Covid) and what are the expectations for 2021 and beyond;
- what was your most interesting investment (can also be a company/studio that didnt make it);
- how is makers fund guiding and coaching gaming entrenpeurs along the way;
- are you a GAMER? And which games do we find on your devices.
Normaly Cris is talking about esports, but he had a super busy week with Career Fest, but he shared a link of a panel I did with him; Fireside Chat - "Emerging Tech: What's Next for Gaming?" https://youtu.be/YIjvwYJSdZo