Episode 280: Unleash Your Story with Jeanette LeBlanc
It’s May y’all, I just come alive in the springtime! I am equally excited to bring you my conversation with Jeanette LeBlanc, writer and author of the book, “You Are Not Too Much.” I have followed her work for a while and think she's a brilliant writer. And yes, in this episode we're going to be talking about writing.
Specifically, we talk about writing rituals, how to create one and use it to connect with your story. Plus, we talk about how writing can be transformative and even therapeutic. If you don't consider yourself a writer, don’t skip this episode. Why? Well, because we also touch on that topic too. I believe that we are all writers in our own right and we all have a story to share. Whether you plan on sharing your story with one person, nobody or millions, writing can be an amazing outlet for creativity and meditation.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Why “I’m not a writer, so nevermind,” doesn’t fly with Jeanette and why helping people that think that way is her passion (5 minutes and 25 seconds)
- Jeanette shares her journey as a writer including how she wrote herself out of one life and into another (6:06)
- Free writing, what it is and do people really have a hard time doing it? (11:47)
- How the act of writing can transform you and change how you show up in the world (27:57)
- Writing rituals, what they are, what people think they are and how someone can begin a writing ritual to connect with their story (29:16)