Episode 30: Jason Immekus, Assistant Coach, Crowder College
Inside episode 30 of the Fair Pole Podcast, host Chris Edwards visits with Jason Immekus, an assistant coach at Crowder College. Chris and Jason have a wide-ranging baseball conversation including:
- Jason's baseball journey pitching at a junior college before going on to compete at Washburn
- What life was like playing Independent Ball in the Frontier League
- What made him want to get into coaching once his playing career was over
- Developing his baseball philosophy as a pitching coach at Missouri Southern
- Coaching summer collegiate baseball and balancing winning games vs. preparing kids to return to school healthy
- The future of summer baseball
- Working for the Major League Scouting Bureau
- Embracing data now as an assistant coach at Crowder
- Balancing the new-school data approach with some of the old school philosophies
... and more!
As always please consider rating, reviewing and subscribing to the podcast on whatever platform you use to get your podcasts.
If you see a ball hit off the Fair Pole, use #FairPole to share it with us on social media
Follow on Twitter: @FairPolePodcast
Facebook: search "Fair Pole Podcast"