Episode 303: Creating Inspired Action Through Movement with Erin Stutland
💥Special announcement, ass kickers! Amy Smith and I are starting a new podcast that will focus on hilarious stories, PLUS answering your burning questions! You’ll hear more about it in the intro to this episode, and you can ask your questions HERE. 💥
This week I welcome back returning guest, Erin Stutland! Erin is a renowned author and mind-body wellness expert and the host and life-style coach of Z Living’s cable series, Altar’d. I reference her work often and I am thrilled to have her back to talk about her book, Mantras in Motion.
We live in a culture where we spend a lot of time in our own heads. And while it’s comfortable there, it can hold us back. Today Erin describes how movement in our bodies can lead to inspired action and movement in our lives. We talk about how her work and her book help clear out beliefs holding you back and what it means to move well.
We also explore the topic of our “own brands of existence,” (aka: the inner critic), and some ways to move away from them. While the whole concept of getting into our bodies, out of our heads, and moving can seem foreign, Erin introduces us to it in such a way that it makes sense and is easy to implement. It’s time to move. 💃
In this episode you’ll hear:
- The catalyst for writing her book, Mantras in Motion, and what readers can expect from it (9:00)
- The purpose for combining movement with mantras and helping people reconnect to their bodies; and what the movement might actually look like (11:27)
- Some ways we can get out of our head and get connected with our bodies (18:00)
- How movement in your body can create movement in your life (24:16)
- What Erin means when she uses the word resistance and some ways to move forward from it (25:13)