Episode 31 - Journaling to Save Relationships!
In this episode, Angela and Patti discuss the benefits of journaling to save relationships. Journaling is a great way to connect to oneself, work out solutions when struggling with personal relationships or work problems.
Patti tells how she learned about journaling when she belonged to a women’s group many years ago. One of the members Plynn Gutman, Certified Professional Coach, Reiki Master and Author gave a talk on the benefits of journaling. She has written a journaling book with prompts called Your Journal Companion 365 Writing Prompts to Heighten Awareness of Self and Others. Plynn makes the journaling process easy with an entire year’s worth of thought-provoking writing prompts. She explains the emotional and physiological benefits of personal writing, gives instruction on several powerful writing techniques, and offers tips on “how, where, and when” to start the process. In that presentation, Plynn made journaling fun, easy, and relaxing. We did a few different journaling techniques with her, and I have been hooked on journaling ever since.
What are some of the biggest challenges in starting to journal?
- Finding time? 2. Getting started? 3. Or not knowing how?
Schedule journaling time and be consistent. You can journal anywhere.
What do you need for journaling?
Pen and Paper, a notebook or journal, there are journal apps and Journaling Prompts on Pinterest, Websites, etc.
Here are some Journaling prompts to deepen and save your relationships:
1. Describe what you want in the relationship?
2. Describe what you don’t want in the relationship?
3. What is the relationship like at the moment?
4. What is working well in the relationship?
5. What one thing can you do to make the relationship better and more of what you want it to be?
6. What does love mean to you?
7. What does love mean to your partner?
8. What is meaningful about the relationship?
9. What are some of your expectations for the relationship?
10. What is meaningful about your relationship?
Questions on feelings when you get to a block in a relationship or your feelings are hurt or coming up:
1. What am I feeling? 2. Why am I feeling this? 3. Is this my feeling - or am I picking up someone else’s feeling?
#podcast #journaling #lifecoaching #relationships #betterrelationships #relationshipjournaling #plynngutman
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/bbr-at-home-and-work/message
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/bbr-at-home-and-work/support