Episode 312: Sexuality and Spiritual Awakening Jessica Graham
As soon as I met this week’s guest, I knew I had to have her on the podcast. That is why I am thrilled to introduce you to Jessica Graham. She is a spiritual and sexual activist, author of the book, Good Sex: Getting Off without Checking Out, meditation teacher, and sex and intimacy guide. I first met Jessica when we had a chance meeting, in a cab, in Holland. I am so glad that the universe aligned and put us into each other’s orbit.
At the time of our meeting, I had been feeling the pull to do some inner work around the areas of sex and sexuality. I knew I needed someone to help guide me. Jessica’s message resonated with me, we shared a lot of things in common, and to make a long story short, we’ve been working together since the Spring. She’s my sexuality doula and she’s been enormously helpful.
Today we talk about shame, the messaging we receive as a children about sex and sexuality, and what that all means. We also talk about the common struggle women face when it comes to their feelings around sex. Plus, Jessica shares how the combination of affirmation and mindfulness can help with sex and intimacy. My hope is that our conversation will encourage you to explore inner work around your own sexuality and spiritual awakening.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- About Jessica and her work, and how she is a sex coach who is more than a sex coach (13:00)
- The struggles and shame around the topic of sex and sexuality (15:36)
- What brought Jessica to her work as a sexuality, relationship, and self-love guide (19:52)
- Sexuality inventory: what it is and what’s the purpose (23:00)
- The most common struggle women face around sexuality and how Jessica helps with the desired outcome (30:00)
- Why self-compassion is so important to any kind of personal development work (47:00)
Oh and by the way, to celebrate the launch of the new Your Kick-Ass Life website, we’re running a giveaway! It costs zero dollars to enter, we’ve made it ridiculously easy to enter (and you can enter more than once), and all you have to do is click HERE.