Episode 318: Healing from Patriarchy Stress Disorder with Dr. Valerie Rein
This week I welcome Dr. Valerie Rein to the YKAL podcast. Dr. Valerie discovered Patriarchy Stress Disorder (PSD) and created the only science-backed system for helping women achieve their ultimate success, happiness, and fulfillment by healing the collective, inherited trauma of oppression. She is also the author of Patriarchy Stress Disorder: The Invisible Inner Barrier to Women’s Happiness and Fulfillment.
I met Dr. Valerie at an event late last year. I serendipitously sat at her table and as she was talking about her work and her book, I was enamored. In fact, I invited her onto the podcast on the spot. Her work is important, interesting, and backed by science.
When it comes to the patriarchy, as women, there is a deeper issue going on then the blame game. We are not going to heal by pointing fingers. My conversation with Dr. Valerie is just one step of many that will help move women towards healing from the patriarchy.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- How Dr. Valerie discovered PSD and how her search began with asking the question, “What is wrong with me?” (5:00 )
- Oppression is traumatic and it is deep in our DNA (10:04 )
- Patriarchy does not equal men and men do not equal patriarchy, patriarchy is a system that has been oppressive and disempowering to women (14:00 )
- PSD is the invisible inner barrier to women's happiness and fulfillment and trauma defenses: mind, body, and action (15:00 )
- Some of the symptoms or circumstances of PSD (and yes, we all have it) (19:00 )
- Dr. Valerie’s message to men and how to bring them into the conversation and still take care of ourselves (32:06 )