Episode 322: Conversations About Shit That Matters with Unqualified People: Life Lessons from Challenging Times with Andrea and Nicole
I have another Conversations About Shit That Matters with Unqualified People for you. This week my friend, Nicole Whiting, joins me to talk about some of the life lessons we’ve learned from challenging times (including divorce, suicide, and love addiction). By the way, Nicole is my lead facilitator for the next iteration of Mentorship Masterclass!
I met Nicole last year and we became fast friends. During a road trip together, we opened up about some of our deepest, darkest secrets. Yeah, just your usual road trip conversational fare, right? 👀
After that conversation with Nicole, I realized just how much she has been through and what an incredible human she is, now on the other side of it. So I thought she would be the perfect person to join me for a conversation about shit that matters, in this case, about the complexities of life.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Andrea shares her personal story of heartbreak, infidelity, and divorce and how she got through it (4:49 )
- The traumatic event that changed the entire trajectory of Nicole’s life, and how she thought she had healed until she actually started doing the work (12:17 )
- When Andrea’s self-work started, following her massive love addiction and finding her worth in relationships (21:02 )
- Nicole’s experience with people-pleasing behaviors and finally deciding to take a stand and heal (26:07 )
- Shit still happens to life coaches, so it is important to commit to grievances, practice resilience, and use the tools you have; all things we cover in The Mentorship (39:59 )