Episode 33: So what if it drops 20%
Stuart and Simon chat about their thinking as they approach a changing property market outlook, and how they could approach it better.
Recorded on Tuesday 7th July - before the Summer Statement!
The discussion this week included:
- Stuart's words linger in Simon's thoughts!
- Cash reserves make for a stronger position to offer from.
- Possible implications of a stamp duty "holiday".
- Simon is wrong about the stamp duty reduction applying to investors!
- Should you try to "time the market".
- Property paperwork can take a long time.
- "When you're inside the bottle, it's hard to read the label."
- Anecdotal property market stats from PaTMa's price history extension.
- When will people start talking about the recession.
- Should predicted price drops stop you from buying.
- Choosing mortgage products to fit market forecasts.
- "So what if it drops 20%!"
Please leave us a rating and review if you're enjoying the show.