Episode 332: Your Inner Mean Girl During Times of Crisis with Amy Ahlers
Amy Ahlers returns to the Your Kick-Ass Life podcast! She has been a life coach for many, many years and is a dear friend of mine. She is a master women’s leadership and life coach, keynote speaker, and the bestselling author of Big Fat Lies Women Tell Themselves and Reform Your Inner Mean Girl. Amy is on a mission to STOP women from self-bullying and being so darn hard on themselves so they can make their greatest possible contribution.
Today we talk about managing your inner mean girl during times of crisis, such as what we’re all going through right now. Together we discuss the idea of leaning into the depth of what is really important to you currently— which could be napping or jumping into a passion project. What is your soul’s message? We also chat about writing and how it can be a powerful tool for healing.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Reform Your Inner Mean Girl: why Amy decided to co-author the book (5:00 )
- Don’t let your inner mean girl beat you up about what you are doing or not during this time of crisis (7:00 )
- The stress response and the antidote to the stress response; the relaxation response (9:00 )
- Common lies women tell themselves like, “It’s too late for me.” (12:00 )
- The many different ways to journal and how Amy’s practice of writing a letter to her inner wisdom (30:00 )
Don’t forget to sign up for our free community call, Top 10 Kick-Ass tips to Get Your Project Started, Done or Out the door which will be held on April 22nd at 3 pm Eastern time. You’ll walk away with concrete tools so that you can create new awareness, heal some old stuff that’s been hanging around, and/or finish that novel or blog you’ve been putting off for years.