Episode 336: The Girl on Fire Manifesto with Cara Alwill Leyba
This week I have Cara Alwill Leyba on the show! Cara is a long overdue guest, and I am thrilled to introduce you to her. She is a New York City-based creative entrepreneur who encourages women to live their most effervescent lives, celebrates themselves every day, and make their happiness a priority. I love having other guest experts on my show with similar messaging who can offer their unique spin. There's always a new perspective, tool, or strategy to learn.
In this episode, Cara and I discuss some of the ways women can show up for themselves, how to learn from past experiences, and how to give yourself time to daydream. She also reminds us to ask, “What is the best-case scenario?” instead of, “What if I fail?” Last, she shares her perspective on failure: specifically, that failure is a possibility, but why you should do it anyway.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Why choosing yourself is so important (9:00 )
- How Cara actually got to the point of ‘choosing herself’ (10:00 )
- Why women have the capacity to give themselves a permission slip and don’t need to seek approval from others (14:00 )
- Spending as much time with yourself is the best way to get the answer you need (18:00 )
- Viewing rejection as redirection - it’s an opportunity to look at yourself and ask, “How am I going to handle this?” (20:00 )
- Speak kindly to yourself and think optimistically about your dreams (29:25 )
Cara Alwill Leyba is a New York City-based creative entrepreneur who encourages women to live their most effervescent lives, celebrate themselves every day, and make their happiness a priority. She is a best selling personal development author, mentor to women entrepreneurs, and creator of The Champagne Diet blog. Over 6 million listeners worldwide tune in to Cara’s podcast Style Your Mind each week for powerful conversations and a mega-dose of inspiration.
Cara is the author of 9 best selling books, including the worldwide sensation Girl Code, that have inspired women around the world to step into their power and fulfill their potential. Cara’s books have been translated into multiple languages like Russian, Chinese, Portuguese, Mongolian, and Vietnamese. Her message continues to transcend cultures and break barriers for women across the globe.
Cara’s stylish and edgy approach to personal development has attracted thousands of women to attend her workshops and events. She has been featured in Forbes, Glamour, Shape, Entrepreneur, Success, Cosmo, Marie Claire, and many others.